Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for a sell out at Selhurst tomorrow

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So do people in the Club shop - but they don't attend the matches.

Suppose that could be true.

To clear up any confusion i do attend games, albeit don't get to my seat until 10 mins after kick off.

Back tracking to the original question, when we play away, assuming you don't attend every Albion game and have done since your concious being.
When looking up results, does your hatred make you look at their result first, or does you love make you look at ours first?

Suppose that could be true.

To clear up any confusion i do attend games, albeit don't get to my seat until 10 mins after kick off.

Back tracking to the original question, when we play away, assuming you don't attend every Albion game and have done since your concious being.
When looking up results, does your hatred make you look at their result first, or does you love make you look at ours first?

Blimey don't get me started on late arrivers .

When not attending Albion away matches I listen on the radio which is agony. Sometimes I get so uptight I have to turn off and dare myself to turn it back on again praying we have not conceded etc - very childish I know but that's me.

I also listen out to the Palace score at half time and full time and I would be lying if I didn't say how they are doing doesn't affect my mood. If the Albion win and Palace lose its double the joy. I assumed that most of us were like that but it appears that some are very indifferent to the Palace scores - which I feel is a shame as it adds a little extra spice to life.

You do know they are scum ? :thumbsup:

this,
christ these jcls have a lot to learn,they couldnt of been about when we were struggling

:lolol: because you've been on an internet forum for nine years you think you are a fan - I've been watching the Albion before you were born.

Its because we've been through the hard times that some know how to enjoy the good times. Sit on your hands and worry that it's all going to turn to jackshite if you like - I'm loving lording it over the scum. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

What a smug lot we are:facepalm: GIVE IT A REST.

Your right Rev, but we are due a few years of smugness surely............................i am loving being super smug to the local Pompey fans............give it ago Rev you may just enjoy it.:cool:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Blimey don't get me started on late arrivers .

I arrive at 12.00 for a Saturday, it just the seat i don't get to until 3.10.

I assumed that most of us were like that but it appears that some are very indifferent to the Palace scores

There has been a poll on this not that long ago, but prior to your joining, you are in the minority.

You do know they are scum ? :thumbsup:

No they are not, there just a local club up the road that we have a rivalry with.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
:lolol: because you've been on an internet forum for nine years you think you are a fan - I've been watching the Albion before you were born.

Its because we've been through the hard times that some know how to enjoy the good times. Sit on your hands and worry that it's all going to turn to jackshite if you like - I'm loving lording it over the scum. :thumbsup:

of course you have sunbeam,you dont act like it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
the poster who was proven to be pretending to be at Selhurst when he wasn't. :lol:
To be fair that was the day when his teleporter link between Eastbourne and Smellhurst was out of commission. #Beam Me Up Scotty :D

of course you have sunbeam,you dont act like it

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I am just a poor unworthy NSC JCL.:bowdown:

I had forgotten the first rule of the NSC mafia - "those with the oldest join date are always right"

As opposed to the first rule of the true Albion fan - "those who never saw Kit Napier in the flesh should stick to the internet "

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have said this on NSC before BUT I genuinely believe that if a big supermarket chain (sainsburys?) were to print Selhurst match tickets on the back of receipts totaling more than £10, both the club and the local economy would benefit greatly! I believe that Palace could get at least 200+ more through the gates! Whilst that might not seem massive for Albion fans, for Palace, it would be a huge coup and would hopefully start to build their attendance for a bright future or past (depending on if you accept the pun)

Last edited:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
It seems like now we are about to overtake you in the league, all you have to cling on to is the attendances. These are now on the rise, so I fear what else you will have. Looks like even I'm going to be proved wrong today as they've opened up another block as we've sold so many tickes today. Given that we completely outsang Cardiff with 13000, it should be rocking today.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe they could give away shirts to all the kids that belong to some kind of "Young Crystal Palace" supporters' club.

What? Oh... Ah...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It seems like now we are about to overtake you in the league, all you have to cling on to is the attendances. These are now on the rise, so I fear what else you will have. Looks like even I'm going to be proved wrong today as they've opened up another block as we've sold so many tickes today. Given that we completely outsang Cardiff with 13000, it should be rocking today.
How many did Cardiff bring 3000/4000, or in fact did your "13,000" outsing about 800 taffies?

Big deal.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Dont panic they found the answer

A new look concourse

zsjwq9.jpg

QUOTE from TwoFace1905 .. Looks like the HF are going to be in the concourse from 2pm and are encouraging fans to turn up to Selhurst a bit earlier for some music / beer / food etc before the game. Looks good having some colour about the place, and hopefully will get a few more fans spending money in Selhurst again and create a good atmosphere before kick off.

Song requests are also being taken on their forum.

Lets get the Selhurst buzz going again!

New look on the concourse - CPFC BBS

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No, that's all fair enough Major. I'm sure you, like me, were there that day in 1973 when we had a crowd of just over 5,000 for a Saturday home game against Shrewsbury (I think). About five years later crowds went up to 25,000. Recently they were back to 5,000. I know that was Withdean and we always make excuses, but the simple fact is that Withdean very very rarely sold out (especially after the capacity was raised to a massive 8,000), because people didn't want to watch the club.

Now of course crowds are back up to 25,000 but "what goes around comes around". By all means enjoy the phenomena (I certainly do), but remember we've no divine right to expect 25-30,000 every match. The fanbase melted away before; we all know the reasons but if you think it can never happen again ... well you're as deluded as that poor Southampton fan who thinks that borrowing against future ticket sales is a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here