Ideas for a better atmosphere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Carl's dad was one of those sitting on the pitch at the York game.

Carl is a quiet one but has the albion close to his heart, Jerry speaks for him for the most part.

Re. topic of atmosphere, i'm gonna suggest a couple of bongos and a triangle and perhaps a certain dance routine ???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Me and my friend Carl have been talking and we have come up with these ideas for a better atmosphere at The Amex Community Stadium.

1. Everyone should get a free blue and white scarf and HAVE to wear it to the game. Then it will be a big crowd of blue and white!!!
2. Everyone should tell one friend and bring them to the match - that way we will have double the amount of people there!!!
3. Everyone should get a piece of paper with everyones favourite Brighton songs on and what minute we will sing that song. That way we all sing the same song at the same time and it will sound amazing!
4. Facepainting tents from the club so everyone can have their faces painted before the game.
5. More songs and more singing!

Happy to hear more suggestions! Come on lads!!!
Blimey, you really DID suggest facepainting. ****ing hell.

Look, I'm going to take you at face value and assume you are a 17 year old Brighton fan who wants to help improve the matchday atmosphere. That's great and fair play to you - however your ideas are awful. What you need to do is get Carl's dad to buy you and Carl (and all the other 17 year olds) as much beer as possible before the match. You will immediately improve the atmosphere by your spontaneous chanting. Trust me, it'll work.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am not a Palace fan. I am 17 and from Woodingdean. I went to Longhill and now go to City College. Why do people think I am Palace I thought this was a forum for Brighton fans? I haven't been to many games but my friend Carl has and his dad has a season ticket. I think he might even post on here!

To be fair mate, I am from Bromley, went to school in Bromley, Lived in Bromley - I am not a Palace fan so this don't prove nuffin.

Also - if you are a genuine Albion fan just stick around and take any grief with a pinch of salt. A lot of keyboard warriors out there

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair mate, I am from Bromley, went to school in Bromley, Lived in Bromley - I am not a Palace fan so this don't prove nuffin.

Also - if you are a genuine Albion fan just stick around and take any grief with a pinch of salt. A lot of keyboard warriors out there

O/T - how did you end up as a Brighton fan then? Serious question, I'm not taking the piss or anything. (I'm in no position to as I'm from Purley!)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
O/T - how did you end up as a Brighton fan then? Serious question, I'm not taking the piss or anything. (I'm in no position to as I'm from Purley!)

My Dad is from Polegate so is an Albion fan.

He worked away a lot and my parents split up when I was younger, so I 'supported' Man Utd until I was about 12 as had no one to take me to matches/brain wash me. Then around that age I decided I wanted to support a team i had a proper connection with and followed my Dads team. Went to my first match a few years later at Withdean with a Cardiff supporting friend and just fell in love with the place. No football ground had ever felt home until then. I know it sounds weird as it was rubbish but it was 'mine'. Ended up with a season ticket for the penultimate season commuting from Reading for the matches

Now 16 years later I live in a village between Reading and Basingstoke and have a 6 year old that is obsessed with Brighton and especially Jamie Murphy. He's now been to 10 odd games and 4 different grounds, kind of a whole wanting to give him what I didn't have sort of thing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

He worked away a lot and my parents split up when I was younger, so I 'supported' Man Utd until I was about 12 as had no one to take me to matches/brain wash me. Then around that age I decided I wanted to support a team i had a proper connection with and followed my Dads team. Went to my first match a few years later at Withdean with a Cardiff supporting friend and just fell in love with the place. No football ground had ever felt home until then. I know it sounds weird as it was rubbish but it was 'mine'. Ended up with a season ticket for the penultimate season commuting from Reading for the matches

Now 16 years later I live in a village between Reading and Basingstoke and have a 6 year old that is obsessed with Brighton and especially Jamie Murphy. He's now been to 10 odd games and 4 different grounds, kind of a whole wanting to give him what I didn't have sort of thing.

Fair play to you and thanks for the answer.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me and my friend Carl have been talking and we have come up with these ideas for a better atmosphere at The Amex Community Stadium.

1. Everyone should get a free blue and white scarf and HAVE to wear it to the game. Then it will be a big crowd of blue and white!!!
2. Everyone should tell one friend and bring them to the match - that way we will have double the amount of people there!!!
3. Everyone should get a piece of paper with everyones favourite Brighton songs on and what minute we will sing that song. That way we all sing the same song at the same time and it will sound amazing!
4. Facepainting tents from the club so everyone can have their faces painted before the game.
5. More songs and more singing!

Happy to hear more suggestions! Come on lads!!!

attachment.php

6, Upcycle some old football table animates, paint them blue and bring them along to any home game when the crowd is sparse due to Slothern Trains.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    108.9 KB · Views: 762

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Every ten minutes the theme tune from Bread should be played over the PA system. And there should be a beamback of the 37th minute of every game shown live at the all night café. Get your freak on.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

Wow ! Thanks for sharing with us some very personal stuff. Good luck to you and your son, and remember that where you're FROM isn't important - it's where you're AT !:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports