Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for a better atmosphere

Jerry Milton

Aug 10, 2016
I am a Brighton fan I am from Woodingdean. Why do people think I am a Palace fan? Ok I haven't been to many games but me and Carl are going to start this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Me and my friend Carl have been talking and we have come up with these ideas for a better atmosphere at The Amex Community Stadium.

1. Everyone should get a free blue and white scarf and HAVE to wear it to the game. Then it will be a big crowd of blue and white!!!
2. Everyone should tell one friend and bring them to the match - that way we will have double the amount of people there!!!
3. Everyone should get a piece of paper with everyones favourite Brighton songs on and what minute we will sing that song. That way we all sing the same song at the same time and it will sound amazing!
4. Facepainting tents from the club so everyone can have their faces painted before the game.
5. More songs and more singing!

Happy to hear more suggestions! Come on lads!!!
Best concentrate on attending Meet The Players evenings at Selhurst, eh ?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Look it's either a Palace fan taking the piss or a young Albion fan who wants to get involved.

On the basis that it may be the latter I think we should leave him alone.

Good on 'im.

That isn't a young kid,gave it away that he is a Nigel tw*t with the song sheet suggestion.

Expect this soon to be on bbs , very sad indeed but not unexpected coming from Croydon it does that to you.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I am not a palace fan!

Could you explain how we are going to increase the capacity of 'The Amex Community Stadium' to 50k+ to accommodate your idea?

Are you privy to some fastrack expansion plans?

I think someone else's suggestion of 'bring the enemy' would be more viable, that way we wouldn't need any expansion.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Best concentrate on attending Meet The Players evenings at Selhurst, eh ?

Was that the 8 strong quiz night?!

Jerry - if you are a Palace mong then well, you're a sad pathetic child that doesn't deserve summer holidays. However, well done for having better grammar than the majority of your mob that come on here. Now run along, i'm sure it will be time to burn your own town again sometime soon.

However, if you are a Brighton fan then fair play for trying to come up with some ideas. Unfortunately over the years many people have come on here with such ideas and have been Palace fans trying to add some excitement to their lives.

I don't think songs and times to sing would work, the best thing about football is the spontaneity of the chants that go up. The atmosphere really isn't that bad, you tend to find that clubs at home aren;t as loud as those that have traveled and been on the piss all day. If you want a bad home atmosphere then go to Reading. Trust me - it's crap.

Scarves aren't too bad an idea but would cost a fortune. It's not a case of the same 25,000 turning up every week. - how would you work this? Maybe discounts at the club shop when you buy a ticket? I agree that it would be great to see a sea of blue and white.

The club have put on some great promotions for bringing a friend for a tenner and cheaper tickets. Also - an influx of new people, whilst being great, would dampen the atmosphere a bit as they wouldn't know the songs that were on their hymn sheet.

Good suggestions and I am sure people will come up with others, maybe just free beer would get people a bit more jovial?

Jerry Milton

Aug 10, 2016
I am not a Palace fan. I am 17 and from Woodingdean. I went to Longhill and now go to City College. Why do people think I am Palace I thought this was a forum for Brighton fans? I haven't been to many games but my friend Carl has and his dad has a season ticket. I think he might even post on here!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You are all wrong on suggestions. We must follow the lead of the MASSIVE Wednesday and on Friday night all turn on our torches within our mobile phones. Alternatively the Icelandic clapping :clap::whistle:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Me and my friend Carl have been talking and we have come up with these ideas for a better atmosphere at The Amex Community Stadium.

1. Everyone should get a free blue and white scarf and HAVE to wear it to the game. Then it will be a big crowd of blue and white!!!
2. Everyone should tell one friend and bring them to the match - that way we will have double the amount of people there!!!
3. Everyone should get a piece of paper with everyones favourite Brighton songs on and what minute we will sing that song. That way we all sing the same song at the same time and it will sound amazing!
4. Facepainting tents from the club so everyone can have their faces painted before the game.

How old are you? 12 or younger and we'll let you off, 13 or older then you're a tw*t.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

We're not a summer fete for f*** sake. Get a grip.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The team makes the atmosphere fast flowing attacking football normally does the trick, that's why during the Poyet and Oscar years the atmosphere was shite most of the time.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the great atmosphere at hillsbro for playoff game.. can honestly say per stadium size and amount of fans I have never been to a ground that sounded more like a library than my last visit there. I know the hillsbro atmosphere was great in the playoffs but that aint normal for them. normally a morgue has more life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here