Glow sticks at Watford - yay or nay?

• Yay :)

Votes: 96 64.4%
  • Nay :(

Votes: 53 35.6%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Banter with you weirdos there's food for thought.

I'd rate Brighton fans (broadly speaking not all)as weirder than Palace fans and that is saying something.

Must be wonderful in a stadium where your own season ticket holders get banned for "persistent" standing. I can imagine you all sitting there like good citizens wavng your glow sticks and scarf twirling.

God save us from this new breed of happy clappy football supporter

cuntchops, you live in Lewes and 'support' Millwall? Where were you born?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry ultras - big fan usually but this is a shocking idea IMO. Tacky and NOT for football - little embarrassing to have this online tbh :lol: And [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] linked it on twitter :(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a bit of fun, that's all. Can't see why anyone would be aggresively against it.

I do see why Watford have said no though. The glowsticks work for about 15 minutes then go out. What are people going to do with them after that...

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry ultras - big fan usually but this is a shocking idea IMO. Tacky and NOT for football

Do you honestly think this looks shit?

IMG_0512.JPG

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Its a bit of fun, that's all. Can't see why anyone would be aggresively against it.

But lots of things are a bit of fun, it's just that they have no place and bring no value to a football crowd.

Morris dancing is a bit of fun - why don't we have a morris dancing day at watford?

Picnics are fun - why don't we all bring little blankets then eat our selection of sandwiches and scotch eggs at half time

Knitting is a bit of fun - Lets all bring our knitting kit and we can make a giant scarf while the game is on

Hide and seek is a bit of fun - One person in the stand shuts their eyes and everyone else has to hide (pal*ce already play this at every home game!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's at a baseball match though, and he did state NOT for FOOTBALL.

Yes, I know. Its still going to LOOK the same though, surely? People take this stuff WAY too seriously. Why does anyone give a toss what the opposition fans think? If you think its a laugh or would look good, do it. If you're not keen, don't join in. Dont waste your energy getting upset or embarrassed about it, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But lots of things are a bit of fun, it's just that they have no place and bring no value to a football crowd.

Morris dancing is a bit of fun - why don't we have a morris dancing day at watford?

Picnics are fun - why don't we all bring little blankets then eat our selection of sandwiches and scotch eggs at half time

Knitting is a bit of fun - Lets all bring our knitting kit and we can make a giant scarf while the game is on

Hide and seek is a bit of fun - One person in the stand shuts their eyes and everyone else has to hide (pal*ce already play this at every home game!)

Terrific post. Great examples. Those things are EXACTLY the same. :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you honestly think this looks shit?

No that looks quite good. But as someone else said - that's baseball - not ENGLISH football - massive difference.

Not wasting energy on being bothered about it tho - just offering an opinion - usually like the ultras stuff like flags etc...

Terrific post. Great examples. Those things are EXACTLY the same. :clap2:

About the same as comparing a FULL baseball stadium with ALL stands waving glowsticks to Vicarage Road with one stand and at most a a couple of hundred waving them.

:clap2:

:mad:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not wasting energy on being bothered about it tho - just offering an opinion - usually like the ultras stuff like flags etc...

I'm the same (only offering a different opinion). Not remotely bothered whether this happens or not - just confused why some are SO grimly against it.

Some people's idea of an acceptable away crowd is 500 grim faced blokes in jeans and Stone Island jumpers. No colours, no women, no kids, no scarves, no oldies, etc, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
About the same as comparing a FULL baseball stadium with ALL stands waving glowsticks to Vicarage Road with one stand and at most a a couple of hundred waving them.

:clap2:

:mad:

If you look a little bit more closely, that stadium is far from full. The big stand is more than half empty - the glow sticks are what is making it look full.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm the same (only offering a different opinion). Not remotely bothered whether this happens or not - just confused why some are SO grimly against it.

Some people's idea of an acceptable away crowd is 500 grim faced blokes in jeans and Stone Island jumpers. No colours, no women, no kids, no scarves, no oldies, etc, etc.

Think it's a reputation thing. Albion fans, in general, have a good rep amongst other football fans (knowledgable ones anyway) - mainly cos of loud away following and the stdium shit we've been through. Some probably feel stuff like this does a little damage to a good reputation - 100s of little things like this can change general perspective... Just a thought like.

If you look a little bit more closely, that stadium is far from full. The big stand is more than half empty - the glow sticks are what is making it look full.

Well quite, but all stands are waving them.

Look, I really couldn't give a toss either way, I won't be there and I'm too bloody old to give a shit what other fans think of us.

It's just to me it seems like another step towards the Americanisation of this sport I love.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some probably feel stuff like this does a little damage to a good reputation - 100s of little things like this can change general perspective... Just a thought like.

I still don't get it - sorry. How can a stand full of fans, having a laugh at an away game 'damage a good reputation'? The blokes in Stone Island starting hand-bags in local pubs, or having a ruck on the train are the ones that will damage our reputation. (In some people's eyes I have that 100% the wrong way round - I get that)

Are people genuinely bothered about the threat of a few sneering posts by a ouple of pricks on a Palace messageboard? Who cares?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pink glow sticks still on the agenda for the game at the New Den ? Now that would be HILARIOUS as it would take a week for it to sink in with the Neanderthals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here