• Nay :(

Votes: 53 35.6%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No you are not getting miserable with old age mate. I wouldn't done this sort of thing when i was 15. As someone above says, it's not a kids party.

I would have hated this idea at 15 too. At that age, I would have thought it was REALLY important to look tough at the match, and fit in with the other 'tough' lads. And I would have really worried that the opposition fans might have seen our smiley fans with their glowsticks, and laughed at us, and thought we were all a bit GAY.

I'm 41 now though, and a bit more relaxed, and grown up enough not to get uptight about a few people having a laugh with a stupid idea, that really doesn't affect me whatsoever.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not at all, no. I just find it very odd.

To be fair I don't really think you're getting uptight, I don't think anyone on this thread is. Everyone is allowed their opinion whether it's negative or positive.

Just because I think the glowstick idea is a bit crap and tacky, people shouldn't assume that I'm sitting in front of the PC getting angry in the style of Begbie out of Trainspotting

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would have hated this idea at 15 too. At that age, I would have thought it was REALLY important to look tough at the match, and fit in with the other 'tough' lads. And I would have really worried that the opposition fans might have seen our smiley fans with their glowsticks, and laughed at us, and thought we were all a bit GAY.

I'm 41 now though, and a bit more relaxed, and grown up enough not to get uptight about a few people having a laugh with a stupid idea, that really doesn't affect me whatsoever.

So much this. There are an awful lot of people on this site who are embarrassed by others having a bit of fun. Don't sing that song it is 'cringey'. I hate that flag. Glowsticks make us look tinpot. Who brings a towel to a football match? etc etc.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No that looks quite good. But as someone else said - that's baseball - not ENGLISH football - massive difference.

Not wasting energy on being bothered about it tho - just offering an opinion - usually like the ultras stuff like flags etc...

This had nothing to do with the ultras, A few of us on the way to Burnley came up with the idea, none of which class them selfs as ultras.

I don't get why some people are getting so worked up about it. It was a simple question weather people would be interested in the idea.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

lewesbloke

Sep 3, 2012
1. You can't fit 20,000 odd fans in a 8,000 seated ground. But our attendances were 6500-7500, a couple of thousand off yours now...

2. Around the same as what ours are now :D

How often was your 8K seater full?

How many did you get at the Goldstone?

lewesbloke

Sep 3, 2012
You're one jealous cock aren't you.

Not at all - I merely want someone to explain where all your fans have suddenly appeared from and why it seems to have gone so much to (nearly)all of your heads. I'd lay money most of you on here went neither to the Eithdean or the Goldstone.

You remind me of Chelsea - all "lifetime" fans who never went until they brought a few Italians in and who think theyre a big club - while living in the shadow of the only 2 big clubs in London - Arsenal and Spurs

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not at all - I merely want someone to explain where all your fans have suddenly appeared from and why it seems to have gone so much to (nearly)all of your heads. I'd lay money most of you on here went neither to the Eithdean or the Goldstone.

You remind me of Chelsea - all "lifetime" fans who never went until they brought a few Italians in and who think theyre a big club - while living in the shadow of the only 2 big clubs in London - Arsenal and Spurs

Look at Goldstone attendances, then look a Amex attendances, then realize how silly you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here