[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really, to me it looks as if several fans want to find offence in this post Covid era and how the club react

I swear that for some people if Paul Barber turned up at their houses and gave them £100 in 20s they complain that it wasn’t in 10s.

Basically, for the vast majority of fans, you need to turn up to the Amex with you phone in one pocket and your wallet in the other. The same as every other time you’ve been to football in the last 10 years.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You've made all that up.

1) A vaccinated person will still be infectious if they get covid
2) A vaccinated person who has covid does not pass on a weaker version of the virus
3) Even if 99% of people in the UK got vaccinated, it would not eradicate the virus - it will be around forever regardless.

its not made up, its a function of vaccines to suppress viral load and inhibit spread.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1112
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.06.21251283v1

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I swear that for some people if Paul Barber turned up at their houses and gave them £100 in 20s they complain that it wasn’t in 10s.

Basically, for the vast majority of fans, you need to turn up to the Amex with you phone in one pocket and your wallet in the other. The same as every other time you’ve been to football in the last 10 years.

Totally against our civil Liberty and down right rude!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I remember Thatcher trying to bring in ID cards and protesting against it. I am unhappy about the club going down this road.

I understand I'm in a small minority but getting a medical app, wearing a mask and showing ID to watch my local football team seems well OTT.

I have sent an email to the club to see if they are willing to refund my season ticket

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Now forgive me if I'm wrong, because I'm not in the UK now, but it looks like you need photo ID which most people will have anyway, and if you haven't you'd be lucky to get one in time for October 1st anyway. You also need the NHS covid pass app, is the app difficult to use? Does it take a few days or weeks to activate? It looks like it should be straightforward but again I have never used it, does it take X amount of business days to register? I'm struggling to understand the uproar of it coming 'a few days' before the first game if it is as simple as it looks on the outside.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Have to be honest, not too keen on all this.

Feels like a lot more hassle when I could just go to the pub or watch the game via other means.

Fully vaccinated so no issues with that, just seems like a lot of bother suddenly and the measures are way OTT in my opinion.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
However there will be rules so the club are putting in place interpretation in advance so everyone gets used to them.

A big assumption, a string of negative headlines and Johnson will declare he never intended to introduce requirements on double jabs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have to be honest, not too keen on all this.

Feels like a lot more hassle when I could just go to the pub or watch the game via other means.

Fully vaccinated so no issues with that, just seems like a lot of bother suddenly and the measures are way OTT in my opinion.

Someone will be along in a moment to tell you that you are moaning :whistle:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You just don’t get it, do you. People like you moan by default. I have read pages and pages of it and only mentioned my drive to explain my relaxation about all the changes, because in context they are trivial. We travel because we enjoy it. No other reason. Not super fans by any stretch and we certainly don’t feel entitled to anything, unlike others who, for example, want to share ST to their own set of rules. The football is a series of weekend breaks and definitely not a hardship.You by contrast mention that you prefer golf in just about every critical post you make about the club. Up to you of course but there is no need to project your misery on to me.

Very simple…don’t read my posts if you are so worried about them.

This is not real life…this is a chat board!

PS. Golf going well thanks..down to single figure HC now.

Maybe I am a miserable sod, but after 43 years of following albion up and down the leagues, country, Europe etc etc..nothing excites me about what is happening with the club anymore. Yes it’s great for the youngsters watching us against the super rich teams and getting the odd win or draw here and there to keep us in this circus, it’s a nice stadium, if a pain in the arse to get to and away from, especially queuing in the rain to get on a P_R bus, and yes having to go through hoops to give your ST to a family member is a ball ache!

Anyway hope you enjoy the season coming. I have no malice in my posts

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The NHS app is a piece of cake to set up, it even self-updates the expiry prior to the old date even being reached.
Not sure whether it does in the Wallet though, I'm an Android.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Very simple…don’t read my posts if you are so worried about them.

This is not real life…this is a chat board!

PS. Golf going well thanks..down to single figure HC now.

Maybe I am a miserable sod, but after 43 years of following albion up and down the leagues, country, Europe etc etc..nothing excites me about what is happening with the club anymore. Yes it’s great for the youngsters watching us against the super rich teams and getting the odd win or draw here and there to keep us in this circus, it’s a nice stadium, if a pain in the arse to get to and away from, especially queuing in the rain to get on a P_R bus, and yes having to go through hoops to give your ST to a family member is a ball ache!

Anyway hope you enjoy the season coming. I have no malice in my posts

Bloody people complaining about their travel problems, do they think they're heroes? :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A big assumption, a string of negative headlines and Johnson will declare he never intended to introduce requirements on double jabs.

Agreed a total assumption and if Boris back tracks not the first time either

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Presumably will just say this - which is how they’ve argued it in on the website

They say that’s it to keep a) fans safe b) to continue to allow for as many fans in the ground as possible c) but predominantly to get their processes refined in time for Oct 1st when they envisage it will be mandated by the govt. d) and the photo iD is to prove that the test /Covid pass info is from you

See. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

This. Could not be more simple.

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't TBH. If PL football restarts with no checks and cases spikes then Boris could blame football even if it was actually down to the relaxation of border controls which will kick in around the same time. But far easier to blame prole football than business travel when you're a Tory and we'll be back to 50% or less capacity games and lotteries to see if you get in. Far better to trial this now, iron out the kinks, keep the majority of fans safe and keep out the worst 1% or so of conspiracy theorists and mask refusers. If it goes wrong we're essentially following what will be policy post October and it's hard for football to be blamed.

If you want to go to the football this season and you're over 18 then get vaccinated, It's that simple. As a bonus you're far less likely to get Covid and far, far less likely to die from it. Win / win.

If you really are a Brighton fan then also back the club who are in an almost impossible position and working round the clock so you can have two hours on the piss on a Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Presumably will just say this - which is how they’ve argued it in on the website

They say that’s it to keep a) fans safe b) to continue to allow for as many fans in the ground as possible c) but predominantly to get their processes refined in time for Oct 1st when they envisage it will be mandated by the govt. d) and the photo iD is to prove that the test /Covid pass info is from you

See. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

dupe

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now forgive me if I'm wrong, because I'm not in the UK now, but it looks like you need photo ID which most people will have anyway, and if you haven't you'd be lucky to get one in time for October 1st anyway. You also need the NHS covid pass app, is the app difficult to use? Does it take a few days or weeks to activate? It looks like it should be straightforward but again I have never used it, does it take X amount of business days to register? I'm struggling to understand the uproar of it coming 'a few days' before the first game if it is as simple as it looks on the outside.

When I downloaded the app, it only took a short while to set up. Used my NHS numberm then had to take a picture of my passport and a short video reciting a code number to confirm ID (the app takes the photo and records the video). It then says it will notify when it has verified your id/if it requires any further evidence. It took a few minutes to process my ID check.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When I downloaded the app, it only took a short while to set up. Used my NHS numberm then had to take a picture of my passport and a short video reciting a code number to confirm ID (the app takes the photo and records the video). It then says it will notify when it has verified your id/if it requires any further evidence. It took a few minutes to process my ID check.

I swear if someone looks at the photo I took, I would be targeted as an al qieda operative.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Try telling your kids that you used to be able to decide on the spur of the moment that you wanted to go to a game and then all that was required was to hand over cash to the turnstile operator!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports