[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can’t believe the number of people getting so wound up about a quick flash of their driving licence to get into the ground.

Are people getting wound up because they are confused?

I know the op is getting some stick because of his recent threads and ignoring very good advice from fellow posters, but a few posts into this thread it’s clear that others are confused about bringing ID.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So what is happening is OK according to some?

Someone can be born as a male, noted on their birth certificate, spend most of their life as a male, but at age 47 suddenly expect that colleagues and others must refer to them as 'she'. But if John Rodney Martin Smith chooses not to use all of his names and just goes by John Rodney Smith, he can be suspended from work and possibly not paid for two weeks?

Its a mad, mad world we live in!

This thread is about ID requirements to enter the Amex. In both of your examples all that needs to happen is official ID needs to match ST details. You are reaching quite a bit I’m afraid.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I’d read that as meaning sales of match day tickets (ie tickets at full price rather than the discounted ST price) - if not, I’d agree. Average spend per matchgoer on other stuff will be nowhere near the ticket price….

Can’t believe the number of people getting so wound up about a quick flash of their driving licence to get into the ground.

Exactly. I also find it bizarre that in this day and age of security threats some think it's ok to enter these big events under a veil of anonymity!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Your choice of course, but that seems a rather unnecessary...complication.

My son has two middle names, but got absolutely SPANNERED last year as he only put one of them on his employee ID. He works at Shoreham Port, so when the Border Control did a random spot check on his employee ID and his passport status, it caused no end of aggro, involving a 2 week suspension from work whilst all the the bureaucracy got worked out. Which it did in the end, but what an absolute joke. He'd been there 3 years.

If the ID stasi have a mind to, they can really fook things up for people.

Lorry load of drugs or let’s call them stowaways :whistle:……waved through.
Forget to put one of your middle names on your employee ID…..2 weeks suspension. :mad:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah I’m feeling the same, football used to be a great Saturday afternoon, but it’s just becoming more and more of a ball ache…….but that Man City game makes me remember why I keep going, it’s all worth it for nights like that !

Is it a ball ache though or is the moaning the ball ache ? Just go with the flow and a day at the football hasn’t actually changed. We have a 9 hour round trip for home matches and some people are moaning about trivia like tickets on phones, ID and Covid passports. It’s just a bit of admin. Probably comes down to how much people really want to watch the Albion.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What did everyone else do while the rest of us were showing out ID to get into nightclubs, getting sloshed and pulling birds?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lorry load of drugs or let’s call them stowaways :whistle:……waved through.
Forget to put one of your middle names on your employee ID…..2 weeks suspension. :mad:

As I read it, the suspension was not a punishment but whilst they concluded the investigation which confirmed he was who he claimed to be.

To be honest, if you're going to work in an area that relates to security of the borders then when you're asked to put your full name down, why wouldn't you?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Does anybody actually think that the stewards really give a shit?
Yes the club do, otherwise they wouldn't be putting these revenue generating measures in place but on the day with queues getting longer I suspect processes may get a little relaxed.
Interestingly I downloaded my Getafe tickets last night, 4 adults and 1 child on my ST and whilst I had to put the guest names on the booking they're not named on the ticket - so how will ID work in that instance(other than for me)?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What did everyone else do while the rest of us were showing out ID to get into nightclubs, getting sloshed and pulling birds?

I've been clubbing in at least 20 different cities, I've never once had to show ID to get into a club. It think this says more about you or about the type of clubs you've been to :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Does anybody actually think that the stewards really give a shit?
Yes the club do, otherwise they wouldn't be putting these revenue generating measures in place but on the day with queues getting longer I suspect processes may get a little relaxed.
Interestingly I downloaded my Getafe tickets last night, 4 adults and 1 child on my ST and whilst I had to put the guest names on the booking they're not named on the ticket - so how will ID work in that instance(other than for me)?

For Getafe you are allowed to buy 6 tickets in your name therefore there won’t be the same ID requirements that might be asked for at a PL game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I read it, the suspension was not a punishment but whilst they concluded the investigation which confirmed he was who he claimed to be.

To be honest, if you're going to work in an area that relates to security of the borders then when you're asked to put your full name down, why wouldn't you?

To be honest he E10 didn’t mention what actual job his son does, he doesn’t say if the job relates to security of borders, he said border control did the check.
He did mention his son had worked at the port for 3 years, not 3 minutes :) and nobody was bothered about his missing middle name.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be honest he E10 didn’t mention what actual job his son does, he doesn’t say if the job relates to security of borders, he said border control did the check.
He did mention his son had worked at the port for 3 years, not 3 minutes :) and nobody was bothered about his missing middle name.

He's still working for the port which is a point of entry. Perhaps what would be more reassuring is if they did the check at the time of employment in the first place!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's still working for border control. Perhaps what would be more reassuring is if they did the check at the time of employment in the first place!!

He has only said he works at the port :shrug: you do realise other jobs are available at ports? :)

I think the point is they should have checked his full name and passport when he started work, not 3 years on. :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't have an issue showing my driving licence - carry it in my wallet all the time anyway. My challenge is my 14 year son - only photo ID he has is his passport and there is no way the ex-Mrs WS is going to allow him to take that to a match and risk losing it. It does seem overkill to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't have an issue showing my driving licence - carry it in my wallet all the time anyway. My challenge is my 14 year son - only photo ID he has is his passport and there is no way the ex-Mrs WS is going to allow him to take that to a match and risk losing it. It does seem overkill to me.

No bus pass?

That said I took my 14 year old's to Man City. I looked after it and it returned safely home to be put back in a safe place :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are people getting wound up because they are confused?

I know the op is getting some stick because of his recent threads and ignoring very good advice from fellow posters, but a few posts into this thread it’s clear that others are confused about bringing ID.

I really don’t get why it is confusing? Bring photo ID with you, unless you’re a kid. Simple. If for some reason you are in the tiny % that don’t have a driving licence, passport, work photo ID, bus pass, rail card or similar then call supporter services :shrug:

Also, I’m expecting further comms anyway, clarifying requirements for PL games as these are finalised……..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No bus pass?

That said I took my 14 year old's to Man City. I looked after it and it returned safely home to be put back in a safe place :shrug:

Did your son need to show it or is it a random check ?

Edit - no bus pass - he walks to school ( the Greens will be proud :whistle: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports