Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He has only said he works at the port :shrug: you do realise other jobs are available at ports? :)

I think the point is they should have checked his full name and passport when he started work, not 3 years on. :thumbsup:

Ok. But you do accept that he is working in an area that has a bearing on border security even if he is just a crane operator (for example).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He has only said he works at the port :shrug: you do realise other jobs are available at ports? :)

I think the point is they should have checked his full name and passport when he started work, not 3 years on. :thumbsup:

Yes, but that failure to do so 3 years before doesn’t mean they lose the ability to make up for the oversight at a later date

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did your son need to show it or is it a random check ?

Edit - no bus pass - he walks to school ( the Greens will be proud :whistle: )

We had to show ID for City. No idea if everyone did but U18s were not exempt where we entered.

Might be worth checking with the club about these rules though? If there's enough concern about how this works for the youngest and oldest supporters it might help shape policy?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We had to show ID for City. No idea if everyone did but U18s were not exempt where we entered.

Might be worth checking with the club about these rules though? If there's enough concern about how this works for the youngest and oldest supporters it might help shape policy?

You can show photos of ID - eg passport - to avoid bringing the physical thing. Bus pass also ok. - I just used that to claim my Dads physical pass/ticket for 21/22. (He doesn’t have a passport or a driving licence)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can show photos of ID - eg passport - to avoid bringing the physical thing. Bus pass also ok. - I just used that to claim my Dads physical pass/ticket for 21/22. (He doesn’t have a passport or a driving licence)

:clap2:

Problem solved............

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I've been clubbing in at least 20 different cities, I've never once had to show ID to get into a club. It think this says more about you or about the type of clubs you've been to :)

You’re right. I did only go to the best clubs

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

U12s (with parent/guardian) were exempt

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Im still not clear why some people are so concerned about proving their identity? Perhaps I am naive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been clubbing in at least 20 different cities, I've never once had to show ID to get into a club. It think this says more about you or about the type of clubs you've been to :)

…..wait until you get to the US of A, they’re ID mad.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This thread is about ID requirements to enter the Amex. In both of your examples all that needs to happen is official ID needs to match ST details. You are reaching quite a bit I’m afraid.

Just saying it’s a funny world we live in, ain’t reaching anywhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’d read that as meaning sales of match day tickets (ie tickets at full price rather than the discounted ST price) - if not, I’d agree. Average spend per matchgoer on other stuff will be nowhere near the ticket price….

Can’t believe the number of people getting so wound up about a quick flash of their driving licence to get into the ground.

Exactly, thank you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes - I’m only about 30 mins away so go quite frequently plus it’s a decent club trying to do things the right way. Def. report back on Jensen Weir for you - thanks for the tip, didn’t know we had a loanee there

Once our circumstances change with my parents in law, we will move away probably heading down the West Country way, possibly new forest.

In that case, if I want a football fix, I may drop along to a local non league team but my sporting life tends to centre around golf these days.

I can’t see myself heading back to the amex so my ST will become available then.

I know nevilles breakfast thinks everyone apart from him are whinging ******** but I could quite happily walk away and all this hassle with passing on tickets shines a light on how football is going.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once our circumstances change with my parents in law, we will move away probably heading down the West Country way, possibly new forest.

In that case, if I want a football fix, I may drop along to a local non league team but my sporting life tends to centre around golf these days.

I can’t see myself heading back to the amex so my ST will become available then.

I know nevilles breakfast thinks everyone apart from him are whinging ******** but I could quite happily walk away and all this hassle with passing on tickets shines a light on how football is going.

:) :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The club are the lightening rod for fan displeasure at extra charges and costs, yet at the heart of this are the PL players and their agents (at all clubs) demanding tens of thousands of pounds per week to play. When 23 year old players are chartering private jets to go on summer holiday because they have so much disposable income they literally don't know what to do with it, then something is badly wrong. Must be galling for the people running the club to have to suck up the accusations of being greedy, grasping and awkward when they are trying to plug multi-million pound loses every year, whilst the employees being paid £60k+ a week get hero-worshipped form the stands.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Im still not clear why some people are so concerned about proving their identity? Perhaps I am naive.

Because the club are saying that the people attending the match need to be the named ticket holders. To do that you need to prove your identity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because the club are saying that the people attending the match need to be the named ticket holders. To do that you need to prove your identity.

Shirley most people understand that covid makes it imperative that the club know which bums are on which seats so that if necessary they can contact the right people in the event of an outbreak

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

But with wallet tickets and the sharing ticket scheme the days of dishing out tickets to anyone you feel are long gone even before the ID policy started up

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But with wallet tickets and the sharing ticket scheme the days of dishing out tickets to anyone you feel are long gone even before the ID policy started up

Exactly. How many people are going to give someone else their phone to use to get into a game? I still can't get my head around why tickets delivered an individual phone isn't enough ID

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here