Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic Live Performances on video

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm a sucker for an extended guitar solo. Gilmour and Prince. Prince is just joyous and the guitar is chucked away at the end and you never see it land.

Steve Ferrone was just behind him playing drums and he claims he never saw where Prince's guitar went :lolol:

Well BB said it was his best

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Feel free to turn up the volume. :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Awesome, there's not many Oasis live videos on YouTube I've not seen but this a new one for me :thumbsup:
We were lucky to get tickets, as there were a lot celebs (hanger on ers').....
Gallagher brother, Goldie and Kate Moss to name but a few.
All in front of us 🤨

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

This is pretty much New Order at their zenith. They were second on the bill to Garbage, and Shirley Manson made a comment about 'how are we supposed to follow that?'

I saw New Order headline Reading a few years earlier, think it was 1993. Sugarcubes were on before them, and had to endure the crowd chanting for New Order throughout their set.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m probably the only one who’ll like this apart from maybe @Harry Wilson's tackle The last 7 minutes was cut, unfortunately.

Yes, that's mint. The album version, Pawn Hearts. Lovely Paul Whitehead cover (he did other Charisma label artist covers, notably Genesis. But you knew that :wink: ).

Did I mention seeing them (without Jackson - after the spat) at Royal Festival Hall, when Hugh hit the organ, rumbles, and Hammill announces:

"Some call me SATAN.... others have me..... GOD"

That was probably the most astonishing moment at a gig I can recall, apart from the entrance of Drs of Madness at the Dome ("Waiting") in 75. Middle aged bloke next to me says "you're f***ing kidding me!". Hammill wasn't.

And we were off, to the bromine chambers.

As David Coleman would have said, "Extraordinary!"

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Best track from best live album ever, or so says rateyourmusic.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here