Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic Live Performances on video

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He was involved, yes, but it was MINE really.

I'm glad we are not forgotten amongst the faithful. @Garry Nelson's Left Foot is another acolyte of ours.

(Genuinely gobsmacked that someone remembers this to be honest - NSC never ceases to amaze!)
Never doubt the power of Herman.

That said the venn diagram of people who support the Albion and remember Sunburst can't be large...

Did you have a longer career than I thought? I assumed Sunburst were done by 98 or did they continue through uni into the 21st century? Are you big in Japan? Have I been missing 20 years of Japan fan club meet ups?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tracy Chapman keeping Wembley Stadium occupied while the road crew worked in the background fixing the stage for Stevie Wonder was pretty iconic

Tori Amos doing pretty much anything

But

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I will kick off with The King.

As depicted in the film, Col Tom Parker wanted Elvis to finish the 68 Comeback Special with a Xmas number, but he insisted on this instead, singing to a nation, and beyond, against the backdrop of two high profile shootings, Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy, the Vietnam War, the Black Power Salute at the Olympics and serious civil unrest and rioting across the country.

50 or so years on, the poignant lyrics and performance of one of the greatest ever singers make this arguably one of the most iconic songs to be sung in the history of broadcasting.

Funnily enough I was listening to a documentary on the radio about the ‘68 comeback special earlier today.

One of my favourite performances of his.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The whole of their unplugged set was beautiful. Best thing they ever did in my opinion. And I wasn’t a huge Nirvana fan.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Hendrix at Monterey Festival ending with the setting his guitar alight and then smashing it must be one of the most iconic live petformances....

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Rolling Stones at Altamont when a young audience member got murdered by the Hells Angels who"d been hired by the Stones to act as their security...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Take your pick...Neil Young performing Like a Hurricane, first with wind machine in 1977... and then with a little more gusto minus wind machine in 1986.

I think he may even be wearing the same shirt in both performances but by 1986 had cut the sleeves off....

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ravi Shankar tuning his sitar at the Concert for Bangladesh and then receiving applause from the audience who thought it was part of his performance...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Two iconic musicians. One iconic venue. An iconic song .

Chet Baker is my favourite musician of all time. He just gets me right where I feel it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here