Votes: 17 43.6%
  • The Match To Be Off Due To A Bizarre Gardening Accident

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Crowd have buggered off, wonder why?
Exactly. And apart from the Aus/SA semi, they don't even turn up unless India are playing. What a shite cricket nation.

Exactly. I couldn't be bothered to say what it was that annoyed me but that was utterly cringeworthy. I am absolutely delighted that Australia have absolutely SPANKED them here.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He's not even the most unlikeable cheating Aussie on the pitch, that's Warner. And if half the Shami stuff is true they've a long way to go
I don't mind Warner too much when he's on the pitch, I can at least watch him bat without wanting to stick pins in my own eyes. His amusingly bad record in England (and generally outside of Australia) also helps me tolerate him.
I'm not sure "unlikeable" covers the accusations against Shami.
If we're including that sort of thing, Leslie Hylton was hanged for shooting his wife. He was definitely guilty of that, as his own defence of trying to shoot himself and missing was undermined when it was determined he'd shot her 7 times with a six shot revolver.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crowd have buggered off, wonder why?
I've just watched the Kohli dismissal by Cummins on the BBC site.

He stands there for about 20 seconds after playing on.

Two things that sum up Indian cricket:
1) the crowd are absolutely stunned into silence, no clapping for the bowler's effort. Nothing.
2) Virat Kohli believes all the bullshit he's been fed by rabid Indian media and supporters. Look, you're not Don Bradman and never were. You being out is simply not that seismic so f*ck off and walk straight away, you're out, you twat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I've just watched the Kohli dismissal by Cummins on the BBC site.

He stands there for about 20 seconds after playing on.

Two things that sum up Indian cricket:
1) the crowd are absolutely stunned into silence, no clapping for the bowler's effort. Nothing.
2) Virat Kohli believes all the bullshit he's been fed by rabid Indian media and supporters. Look, you're not Don Bradman and never were. You being out is simply not that seismic so f*ck off and walk straight away, you're out, you twat.
Plus he's not fit to lick the sole of Tendulkar's boot after he's trodden in dog shit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shame on the Indian crowd. At least in 1996 they had a riot.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The Windies, in and around the mid-late 1970s were an awesome team - before the head protection era - Viv Richards was the most dismissive batsman I’ve seen - GG, the languid Clive Lloyd and OMG the quicks esp. MM, Andy Roberts and Whispering Death - truly magnificent team as the great AWG discovered
My first test match was the Oval test against the Windies in 1976. I only went to day 5 but saw Holding rip through our batting and take 14 in the match.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You were at the final where Brearley and Boycott weren't told it wasn't a Test match ?
Me too.

Collis King and Richards took the bowlers to pieces, then Joel Garner destroyed the batting.

The West Indian pace bowlers weren't just quick, but they were all ENORMOUS.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Credit where it is due. Head and Labuschagne were magnificent, Australia rose to the occassion and are deserved winners.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Windies, in and around the mid-late 1970s were an awesome team - before the head protection era - Viv Richards was the most dismissive batsman I’ve seen - GG, the languid Clive Lloyd and OMG the quicks esp. MM, Andy Roberts and Whispering Death - truly magnificent team as the great AWG discovered
My cricket watching started in the late 70s as a Somerset fan, so grew into the game watching Viv, Joel and Beefy, saw some incredible stuff. The WI test lineup always seemed to blow us to pieces in the 80s. I’d put the game on TV some time before 11 in eager anticipation, and it seemed we’d be 5 down in no time.…….brilliant, Holding is coming off….ah sh*t, Marshall/Clarke/Croft/Roberts is replacing him (and then Ambrose/Walsh/Patterson) :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Desperately sad for India.

Not just the best team in this World Cup but for me the best team of any World Cup, they have been utterly dominant and bought joy to a billion home fans and many other millions of cricket fans the world over. Absolute travesty they didn't win today. Feel so sad for Kohli also, player of the tournament, and who may now retire without a World Cup to his name.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Not just the best team in this World Cup but for me the best team of any World Cup, they have been utterly dominant and bought joy to a billion home fans and many other millions of cricket fans the world over. Absolute travesty they didn't win today. Feel so sad for Kohli also, player of the tournament, and who may now retire without a World Cup to his name.
Yes and I like porridge as well.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

🤣

Kohli has won the World Cup already, but you knew that right 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports