Votes: 17 43.6%
  • The Match To Be Off Due To A Bizarre Gardening Accident

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tomorrow sees holders England against New Zealand in the opening match of the 2023 edition. Incredible to think it is four years since THAT match.

Cricinfo is full of detail as usual

As for potential winners, India may be hard to look past. The hosts have won the last three. England are strong again and there is always space for a surprise.

6 weeks of fun to run alongside Albion stuff, football internationals and the rugby in France. Lovely.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
NZ win the toss and bowl first

England team - Bairstow, Malan, Root, Brook, Buttler+*, Ali, Livingstone, Woakes, Curran, Rashid, Wood
NZ team - Conway, Young, Ravindra, Mitchell, Latham+*, Phillips, Chapman, Neesham, Santner, Henry, Boult

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
NZ win the toss and bowl first

England team - Bairstow, Malan, Root, Brook, Buttler+*, Ali, Livingstone, Woakes, Curran, Rashid, Wood
NZ team - Conway, Young, Ravindra, Mitchell, Latham+*, Phillips, Chapman, Neesham, Santner, Henry, Boult
Is this starting now!? I’d better get the telly on.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Magnificent stadium, both finalists from the last World Cup…and it’s virtually empty!

Not what I expected from a cricket World Cup on India.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Magnificent stadium, both finalists from the last World Cup…and it’s virtually empty!

Not what I expected from a cricket World Cup on India.
The schedule changed numerous times, tickets only went on sale a few weeks ago and it's a ridiculously big stadium that sometimes even India don't fill. There's probably a decent crowd there, it just looks minuscule as a lot of them are staying in the shaded areas and the stadium is insanely big.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tomorrow sees holders England against New Zealand in the opening match of the 2023 edition. Incredible to think it is four years since THAT match.

Cricinfo is full of detail as usual

As for potential winners, India may be hard to look past. The hosts have won the last three. England are strong again and there is always space for a surprise.

6 weeks of fun to run alongside Albion stuff, football internationals and the rugby in France. Lovely.
Longwinded and overblown

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Calypso collapso

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pitch not been that helpful after the commentators talked up how flat it was. Reckon Rashid could do BITS on it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not you, it's the itinerary.

At one point we don't play a match for 10 days! I know Modi runs the stadium, is he running the hotels too ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don’t panic. We lost two in the group last time didn’t we ?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don’t panic. We lost two in the group last time didn’t we ?

3 Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Aus. The 2nd and 3rd defeats our batting was absolutely shocking and I though we were going out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here