Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 £12m now predicted in income. Seems like will be a big success.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The i360, when the pod is up, is miles better.

When it is up, it is up
When it is down, it is down
And when it is only half way up it is "a slight technical glitch - our engineers are resolving the problem & expect it to be working normally soon."

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It sure was, it was embarrassing.

I thought it looked quite good, it would sit nicely alongside the 360 as part of our seafront. It always seemed popular with visitors. The wheel wanted to continue, I genuinely don't know any other reason the council would not grant it a licence apart from not wanting it to take customers from their big pole.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The wheel was absolute rubbish.

Brought no improvements to the area at all, made nobody any money and the view was shit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The wheel was absolute rubbish.

Brought no improvements to the area at all, made nobody any money and the view was shit.

There's not a lot you can do with the view, it's a seafront and some sea. What did you expect? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not enough.

*cough* I can source some pills to address that problem if whoever it affects (probably a 'friend' of yours) needs some assistance and doesn't want the embarrassment of going to his GP and having to say it's sticking up about as well as Rod Hull's aerial.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I know this might not be the place to ask this on this thread, but...Against my better judgement Mrs Sensible wants to go up the pole (no not THAT pole, I have to beg her for that). My question is, to get the discount for those of us living in the city, do we have to register first with ID and proof of address and then go away and book it online? Or can you register and the buy a ticket at the office, what I am getting at is can you do it all in one go? The website seems to suggest otherwise.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I know this might not be the place to ask this on this thread, but...Against my better judgement Mrs Sensible wants to go up the pole (no not THAT pole, I have to beg her for that). My question is, to get the discount for those of us living in the city, do we have to register first with ID and proof of address and then go away and book it online? Or can you register and the buy a ticket at the office, what I am getting at is can you do it all in one go? The website seems to suggest otherwise.

You can register for the discount there and then and go up there and then all in one go as long as it's within the allotted times for residents to go up with a discount.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Nice to see that it had broken down again this afternoon.
I aarived at 14.00 for my 14.30 flight to be told there were technical issues, I gave up at went home at 4 as they were still not resolved.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought it looked quite good, it would sit nicely alongside the 360 as part of our seafront. It always seemed popular with visitors. The wheel wanted to continue, I genuinely don't know any other reason the council would not grant it a licence apart from not wanting it to take customers from their big pole.
I agree. I thought it fitted in really well next to the pier and I'm sad to see it go. I'm not a huge fan of the cock and cock ring, but in Brighton my default position is to support any new development, so I hope it is a success.

I agree. I thought it fitted in really well next to the pier and I'm sad to see it go. I'm not a huge fan of the cock and cock ring, but in Brighton my default position is to support any new development, so I hope it is a success.

It was part of the deal when financing the eyesore 360. Only one can remain!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nice to see that it had broken down again this afternoon.
I aarived at 14.00 for my 14.30 flight to be told there were technical issues, I gave up at went home at 4 as they were still not resolved.

"Flight"??? How the f**k can they possibly describe sliding up and down a pole as a "flight". Makes you wonder how they describe a mid-pole breakdown - a f**ked flight maybe?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
"Flight"??? How the f**k can they possibly describe sliding up and down a pole as a "flight". Makes you wonder how they describe a mid-pole breakdown - a f**ked flight maybe?

They call it a flight and you have a boarding pass.
The British Airways influence me thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here