Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 £12m now predicted in income. Seems like will be a big success.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While I understand many dislike it, it genuinely makes me smile every time I see it. Particularly when coming over the crest of Ditchling Road from the bypass.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
From any vantage point along Brighton's miles of seafront, your view is now permanently blighted by some hideous, brutalist factory chimney,
Every 20 minutes or so, up crawls a disproportionately small flying saucer. After that, it crawls back down again.

That's how this £47million 'attraction' appears to the casual observer. Grotesque.
This.
What time did you go on? The evening flights are 30 mins rather than 20 and stays at the top for about the right amount i´d say. .
Sorry if it's already been explained but why are they calling a journey in a glorified lift a 'flight'?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
As someone who is a fan of this thing I am not surprised in the last that this is successful. Whether you like it or not Brighton is a destination town with more visitors than any other seaside resort in the country, and the i-360 is the sort of attraction that daytrippers or holiday makers absolutely love. People love a view, go to any city and the tallest building will always prove to be a popular stop on any intinerary.

Given that British Airways are involved you can bet that they will be promoting it to to their travellers to the UK, and that it will also find itself mentioned in travel guides that people look up before visiting the UK. The i-360 will appeal as much to foreign visitors to London as it will to those who are heading to Brighton.

This is great news and a vindication of the council's decision to divert the government money this project's way and hopefully they will now see the much needed financial pay off in this era of local spending cutbacks.

Prominent write-up about in The Sydney Morning Herald just before it opened ; http://www.domain.com.au/news/worlds-skinniest-tower-opens-to-the-public-20160803-gqjwo0/

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
From any vantage point along Brighton's miles of seafront, your view is now permanently blighted by some hideous, brutalist factory chimney,
Every 20 minutes or so, up crawls a disproportionately small flying saucer. After that, it crawls back down again.

That's how this £47million 'attraction' appears to the casual observer. Grotesque.

Perhaps it's time we had another of those "Hundred most horrible buildings in our city" lists.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am part of several Brighton groups on facebook. What is really interesting is that the biggest moaners and complainers about it have not been on it, they have all come to the conclusion it is rubbish and you can get a better view from the racecourse all without even stepping foot on it. Those who have been on it have all enjoyed it and 7.50 for a resident is good value in my opinion. I went at sunset in the summer and really enjoyed it. The éyesore360 and cockring comments really are tiresome as well.

Go on it and then judge it.

Didn't know it was locally discounted. If you think, it's £7.50 for up to a half hour. Say £25 for 90 minutes. That's the price of a ticket to watch a number of dreadful league teams ! Worth a go.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good choice of words. It is the ugliest thing on the promenade of any seaside resort in England.

Then by good fortune you may not have visited them all...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Been working in Shoreham for the last ten days.
Every day on our way back into Brighton (3pm hard fecking day :ohmy:)
We have counted no more than ten people on it :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can this be claimed as a vindication of the plan and its success when it has been open for what, one month? And during a good summer weather month at that.

Ridiculous - needs 2 full years to make a proper assessment. Lets see the takings in Winter 2017.

My word there's some miserable ***** on this site. Whilst it's still early days it's seemingly on track to deliver and to date has pretty much hit all its targets from sponsorship (BA is an incredible sponsor to have secured for many reasons) through to initial customer figures. I'm willing to bet you a champagne ride on on the i360 it will still be successful in 2017/18.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My word there's some miserable ***** on this site. Whilst it's still early days it's seemingly on track to deliver and to date has pretty much hit all its targets from sponsorship (BA is an incredible sponsor to have secured for many reasons) through to initial customer figures. I'm willing to bet you a champagne ride on on the i360 it will still be successful in 2017/18.

I'll bring my portable commode :shit:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here