Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want to sing this when Nigel Adkins walks over the turf to the dug-out............

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
f*** me, can't we just give him plain old fashion wanker signs and carry supporting the Albion, safe in the knowledge we are far superior to that lot? Loved the OP's song though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Please do - as long as I can add you to my "intellectually inferior" list ;-)

:lol:

We're laughing at you, not with you. You're not supposed to appreciate it.

Would it be fair to say you're not coping too well with this title cakewalk that's gone ever so slightly awry? You're sounding a tad NEEDLED by the whole thing.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
:lol:

We're laughing at you, not with you. You're not supposed to appreciate it.

Would it be fair to say you're not coping too well with this title cakewalk that's gone ever so slightly awry? You're sounding a tad NEEDLED by the whole thing.

Thankyou for confirming my previous assertion.

Anyway, I will look forward to hearing all this co-ordinated hilarity (in the unlikely event that I can bag a ticket in the inevitable ballot).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Please do - as long as I can add you to my "intellectually inferior" list ;-)

I think I've been on a few of those, to be fair. There was this bloke Cornholio...tell you what, another day.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Whilst I take your point, you don't seriously think he will be bothered by whatever gets chanted in his general direction. What you want is for him to be impressed with how well you concentrated on supporting your team, just like the Owls fans were impressed with how well the SFC fans supported their team on Saturday night: just got back - Owlstalk

It does needle managers tho - Look at Holloway after your win over him in the cup - right teed off..! :lol:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I think they are plenty of people who have done that in various places recently. Most of them think they are being original too.

Congratulations! You've just summed up, both perfectly & succinctly, why Adkins should be more considered in his post-match interviews!

The fact that "plenty of people...have done that in various places recently." and your poor effort to disparage their (very justifiable) comments by claiming they are (un)"original" just shows you that:-
  • His comment, at that time, was factually incorrect
  • His comment is yet to become reality and, after last nights results, is now further away from realisation
  • Plenty of people have picked up on his somewhat ill-advised comments, perceiving them to be arrogant (& it's not just us that feel that way my friend)

As for your "intellectually inferior" list - you carry on maintaining that. As it demonstrates to me is that you are in direct competition with Adkins for the "Arrogant Arse of the Year" competition.

Must be something about SCC or St Fairies?? ???

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Congratulations! You've just summed up, both perfectly & succinctly, why Adkins should be more considered in his post-match interviews!

The fact that "plenty of people...have done that in various places recently." and your poor effort to disparage their (very justifiable) comments by claiming they are (un)"original" just shows you that:-
  • His comment, at that time, was factually incorrect
  • His comment is yet to become reality and, after last nights results, is now further away from realisation
  • Plenty of people have picked up on his somewhat ill-advised comments, perceiving them to be arrogant (& it's not just us that feel that way my friend)

As for your "intellectually inferior" list - you carry on maintaining that. As it demonstrates to me is that you are in direct competition with Adkins for the "Arrogant Arse of the Year" competition.

Must be something about SCC or St Fairies?? ???

LOL - calm down. Ever been accused of taking yourself too seriously, or are you just an expert in irony? Stop letting Adkins get under your skin - it gets you all hot and bothered and spiteful.

"Arrogant Arse Of The Year" has quite a ring to it - thanks :) Unfortunately I may have blown it already:
It is a fair point, and also pi$$es all over my "SFC fans concentrating on supporting their own team" assertion. Bummer. :facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Here's a nice easy one for keen students of Adkins' background....

Hi ho, Hi ho,
He's just a physio
Thinks he's a boss
But his team is toss
Hi Ho Hi Ho
Hi Ho Hi Ho

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Here's a nice easy one for keen students of Adkins' background....

Hi ho, Hi ho,
He's just a physio
Thinks he's a boss
But his team is toss
Hi Ho Hi Ho
Hi Ho Hi Ho
We've got Gustavo
You've got a physio

Or the other way round perhaps.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As far as Mr Adkins is concerned, only one song will do.......
" Oh Yes I'm the great pretender..... alone in a world of my own...I seem to be what I'm not you'll see.........etc etc

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Nigel, are we keeping up, Nigel, Nigel, are we keeping up?!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here