I thought Hammond was IMMENSE tonight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:sick:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I was never going to boo him, and didn't, but I maintain his 'apology' is 95% the club talking, a PR stunt. For me his apology comes not in words to the press, but performances on the pitch. I won't judge him for a few games because based on one good or one bad game its not fair to form an opinion. I thought he was solid but hardly spectacular, certainly not the amazing performance people are painting him as having on this thread - but I didn't notice him much and given that I was probably quite willing to be critical of him, I guess that shows he was decent. I'm not going to Watford but await Millwall with baited breath.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Agree with this but I'd also like to throw it out there that I thought Gary Dicker was also outstanding. He too covered a lot of ground tonight and was involved in most of our great link up play and moved the ball a lot more quickly tonight. Well played Deano and Gary :smile:

I agree with you about Dicker, he played well, the midfield were immense last night, power, pace and the quality of the passing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think it was clear from his performance that he was happy to be abck and wanted to prove his commitment to the fans. I dont think anyone can question him after last night2s performance. Captain Marvel is back.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Was sitting next to his family and he is really happy to be back, his dad said he was sorry for the goal celebration. Saw him in players lounge after and spoke to him

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A mention also for Gary Dicker. I personally don't think he has been the same player since injury, but last night he was back to his best form and pulled a lot of the stings in midfield distributing the ball well. A lot of what he does goes un-noticed, but I think he, Hammond and Bridcutt worked really well together last night.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Excellent performance by Hammond last night. People sometimes forget that footballers are still human after all. To pull out a performance like he did last night under that kind of pressure shows the real mark of the man. Anyone still shitty about his misguided goal celebration really needs to get a grip and move on, how many of you have never done something stupid in the heat of the moment?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent , great touches and presence.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I wonder what Hammond makes of this team compared to the Southampton one that strolled to the Premier League last year?

Would be an interesting barometer of where we are.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Excellent performance by Hammond last night. People sometimes forget that footballers are still human after all. To pull out a performance like he did last night under that kind of pressure shows the real mark of the man.

Well said, Hungry Joe.
There was an awful lot of pressure on him to perform well last night, and he did, so all credit to him for that.

Can you imagine some of the stick he would have got if he'd had a crap game?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I wonder what Hammond makes of this team compared to the Southampton one that strolled to the Premier League last year?

Would be an interesting barometer of where we are.

Hammond was our third best midfielder last year, make of that what you will. Did contribute massively to our promotion though with his sweeping up and hard work. I think the big differences are you don't have a hooiveld, Lallana or Lambert.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Hammond was our third best midfielder last year, make of that what you will. Did contribute massively to our promotion though with his sweeping up and hard work. I think the big differences are you don't have a hooiveld, Lallana or Lambert.

You mean we don't hoof it up the park!

Maybe if you lot played it on the ground, he would have been your best midfielder.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

..but we do have a Bruno, Buckley and a CMS, to name but a few!

He's probably third here behind Bridcutt and Crofts (if you ignore Vicente)- and we've not even seen some of the new talent properly yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here