Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thought Hammond was IMMENSE tonight

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Didn't he actually have two goals disallowed? We were wondering if any one had ever had a hat trick of goals disallowed?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thought he had a superb game, slotted in a treat.
Liam shaded his performance though, he was just like Mascarano for Barca, controlled the deep midfield, getting forward, breaking up play and always available for another ball after playing the first pass.
Bruno rightly won MOM, brilliant game, but Liam was a close 2nd followed by Hammond 3rd

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Agree with this but I'd also like to throw it out there that I thought Gary Dicker was also outstanding. He too covered a lot of ground tonight and was involved in most of our great link up play and moved the ball a lot more quickly tonight. Well played Deano and Gary :smile:

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Linked up with the midfield superbly as if he had been in the side for years. Came looking for the ball a lot and made superb forward roles. On another day with that same performance he'd have got my man of the match, however today Bruno was simply in a league of his own!

100% this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it offside? I know it was ruled offside but it looked ver close from WSU.
Assuming you mean the 'fourth', then yes it was.
Orlandi was a decent yard off as the ball came through for him to expertly cut it back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hammond got probably the loudest cheer of any player in the pre-match announcements. And his offside goal was sweetly and smartly struck. Just saying, like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's funny sitting low down in the east, centre midfield kind of passes me by.
When I've been up in the gods for a cup game last season I totally see it.

Hammond and Dicker didn't really register with me.

It's almost as if I've had to train myself to understand what Bridcutt is all about.
I guess I still have work to do!

D

Deleted member 18477

Bruno was unbelievable tonight! Hammond was so solid.

I didn't mention dicker tonight which meant he didn't have a bad game! The 3 in midfield won nearly everything!

CMS and Buckley were superb! Barnes did a good job too in his unflavoured position! Won a lot of headers!

Tonight's performance was well... Wow!

Gus poyet you footballing genius!

Buzzing!!!

P.s. Wednesday :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hammond was excellent. He's going to awesome for us in midfield this season. Will turn around last years away form :eek:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The boy done great,really pleased for him.Welcome back Dean Hammond,all is forgiven.

Definitely this! Was struggling to forgive him for the Southampton goal celebration at the Withdean, but in the end I was cheering pretty much everything he did tonight. Looked like he'd never been away!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hammond was excellent but then I knew he was a quality midfielder at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here