Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I really hate that Scientologists

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They’re crackers and very persistent if a telephone number is given. We had to threaten them with the police years ago if they didn’t stop calling our house. One of my brothers made the huge mistake of giving a contact number to someone at the stall in Churchill square.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They’re crackers and very persistent if a telephone number is given. We had to threaten them with the police years ago if they didn’t stop calling our house. One of my brothers made the huge mistake of giving a contact number to someone at the stall in Churchill square.
JW's equally persistent if you give them an inch. I once made the mistake of telling a couple of door knockers that all of my Australian relatives were JWs before politely closing the door. Biggest mistake ever. It's not that come Judgement Day I don't want to roam the earth surrounded by friendly lions and tigers, I could have just done without the years of pestering (letters, regular door knocking) that followed my comment.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A quick google reveals all they want to sell you for free, wiki leaks exposed them for what they are basically mental cases and fraudsters. The more you pay the more you are cleansed 🤣🙄

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
About 20 years ago I was on Tottenham Court Road waiting for someone and had some time to spare so being inquisitive and very impulsive I thought I would pop in to the Scientology shop to see what it was all about! The shop had a few people in it sitting at tables and I approached a bloke in a suit who said the best thing for me to do to find out more would be to watch a film about it. This man led me up some stairs at the back of the building in to a dark cinema room and got me to sit in the front row, he then took a seat in the back row and the film started. I can remember that it started with a scene in space and spinning asteroids and that the spinning asteroids were making me feel strange so I shut my eyes. When I opened them again the asteroids had stopped and it was a really odd scene with this American bloke and a woman walking around a book shop talking about the various books that were available to purchase.

When I got up out of my seat, the bloke in the suit was gone and I wandered down the stairs in to an empty shop. Spooked by the whole experience I left the shop as quick as I could and remember feeling a bit odd for the rest of the day.

Definitely one of the most surreal experiences I have had and left me feeling very confused about what had just happened!

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
JW's equally persistent if you give them an inch. I once made the mistake of telling a couple of door knockers that all of my Australian relatives were JWs before politely closing the door. Biggest mistake ever. It's not that come Judgement Day I don't want to roam the earth surrounded by friendly lions and tigers, I could have just done without the years of pestering (letters, regular door knocking) that followed my comment.
The creepy thing about JWs is the reason why they knock doors: the 144,000 places in heaven are apparently reserved for the JWs that convert the most non-believers into Christians. So they're not saving you, more attempting reserve their own place in heaven. As Doug Stanhope put it, there's a reason you don't get people knocking your door asking if you have ever thought of becoming a Jew.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I took one of their 'personality' tests in the early 90's after being accosted at Churchill Square (I was young).
The OCA Personality Test made for great song lyrics interspersed with quotes from fortune cookies.

Land of Sunshine - Faith No More
You have a winning way, so keep it
Your future, your future, your future
You are an angel heading for a land of sunshine
And fortune us smiling upon you
Prepare for a series of comfortable miracles
From fasting to feasting, to feasting
Life to you is a dashing, bold adventure
So sing and rejoice, sing and rejoice
And look for the dream that keeps coming back
Your future, your future, your future
Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost
Does life seem worthwhile to you?
Here's how to order.
Yes, hm-hmm, now for the next question
Does emotional music have quite an effect on you?
Do you feel sometimes that age is against you?
Sing and rejoice, yeah, sing and rejoice
Yes, hm-hmm, that's interesting, but tell me
Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Do you feel sometimes that age is against you?
I, I can help , I can help you, I can help you help yourself
Here's how to order.
Varicose
Comatose
Senile

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I used to work up there and there is a weird vibe around that place.

I accidently ventured onto their land via the moutain bike track and was told to leave in no uncertain terms by some scary looking gentlemen.

Are you talking about the Scientologists or East Grinstead ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here