Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I really hate that Scientologists

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t like their organisation but I defend their legal right to promote it. To the last.

There are many religious types that rock up and promote their stuff outside Churchill Sq.

One wee chap sets a screen up and plays bizarre preachings from some guru looking fella sat behind a news desk. Go for it. While you still can.

And don’t fret about the “vulnerable people”, once the Scientologists realise they have no money, they’ll be passed over.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don’t like their organisation but I defend their legal right to promote it. To the last.
I used to until they followed down Tottenham Court road and into the tube station to freak me out. Long story but can't be bothered...

If you had a conversation with families of members you might change your view.

They hide behind the mask of being a modern religion. If they were considered as what they are, a really odd expensive personal improvement marketing thing they would have been shut down years ago.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to until they followed down Tottenham Court road and into the tube station to freak me out. Long story but can't be bothered...

If you had a conversation with families of members you might change your view.

They hide behind the mask of being a modern religion. If they were considered as what they are, a really odd expensive personal improvement marketing thing they would have been shut down years ago.
Fair enough.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

There are many religious types that rock up and promote their stuff outside Churchill Sq.

One wee chap sets a screen up and plays bizarre preachings from some guru looking fella sat behind a news desk. Go for it. While you still can.

And don’t fret about the “vulnerable people”, once the Scientologists realise they have no money, they’ll be passed over.
I admit it is difficult to say exactly where to draw the line, but I think Scientology is the wrong side of it and really should not be entitled to groom people into their cult.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You might want to delete this thread, they have tentacles all over. Prepare for your IP address to be shared with the world and the East Grinstead massive to be sitting up outside your gaff.
Indeed, expect Tom and the IM team to track you down..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I admit it is difficult to say exactly where to draw the line, but I think Scientology is the wrong side of it and really should not be entitled to groom people into their cult.
You could include " Landmark " in that assessment...they are a similar organisation.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I remember when I was in my late teens they used to hang about on London Road in Brighton and they'd target young people and they'd use either a very attractive girl to approach a male or a good looking guy to approach girls. This very attractive female scientologist came up to me, asked me questions, smiled sweetly, gave me a card, smiled at me again and walked off looking back at me. They know exactly what they're doing.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
You might want to delete this thread, they have tentacles all over. Prepare for your IP address to be shared with the world and the East Grinstead massive to be sitting up outside your gaff.
In all serious when they were inviting people for 'stress testing' I informed the recipients that this was an in for the cult and shortly after had people turning up filming me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember when I was in my late teens they used to hang about on London Road in Brighton and they'd target young people and they'd use either a very attractive girl to approach a male or a good looking guy to approach girls. This very attractive female scientologist came up to me, asked me questions, smiled sweetly, gave me a card, smiled at me again and walked off looking back at me. They know exactly what they're doing.
Unlike yourself, by the sounds of things. 😆

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here