Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I really hate that Scientologists

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember when I was in my late teens they used to hang about on London Road in Brighton and they'd target young people and they'd use either a very attractive girl to approach a male or a good looking guy to approach girls. This very attractive female scientologist came up to me, asked me questions, smiled sweetly, gave me a card, smiled at me again and walked off looking back at me. They know exactly what they're doing.
I didn’t realise they were quite so sinister.

I might join.
Quite. I guess I could get a role as a honeytrap.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
I used to come in contact with them when they weren't 'working ' there's a definite other worldyness that's quite easy to spot .....
Having said that - there's a lot of weirdness about East Grinstead and Forest Row in general.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I used to until they followed down Tottenham Court road and into the tube station to freak me out. Long story but can't be bothered...

If you had a conversation with families of members you might change your view.

They hide behind the mask of being a modern religion. If they were considered as what they are, a really odd expensive personal improvement marketing thing they would have been shut down years ago.
"Religion" ? Who are they trying to kid!. Cult? Very possibly. There are plenty of documentaries and first hand accounts out there. I've made my mind up that's for sure. Sinister is a pretty good one word summary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to work in the town centre in Worthing, so, lunchtime out was always fraught with danger if you went to M&S for a meal deal. Always Chuggers working the precinct. However, I always found the Mormons nice lads. Always smartly dressed and always polite, in fact it was very difficult to tell them to go away.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I work with National media for my company, promotion proactive stuff, defending reactive stuff etc.

Once had a call from these Scientologists who wanted to make a video with one of our guys, very high up in a very intellectual field, who had converted in recent years.

I chose to go along with it and allow it, not making judgments on people's beliefs. They were f***ing weird beyond belief. All dressed the same, saying the same phrases in a really odd way. Some of the shit this clearly very intelligent guy came out with was genuinely shocking.

I think it's a weird cult that deserves zero respect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Their whole presence and the big building in Los Angeles is slightly odd.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can't say I am mad about using 'that' when 'those' is more correct and nothing even better.

I would of thought (joke, just in case...) we can get thread titles grammatically correct.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I took one of their 'personality' tests in the early 90's after being accosted at Churchill Square (I was young). I was apparently a nice person but was given the L Ron Hubbard book. My Mum said it was a cult & told me to chuck the book in the bin & not to go back for the 'life advice' I was offered. My life could be perfect now if it hadn't been for my mum telling me they were a cult! ;) Tom Cruise seems to have done alright by it though! :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I used to come in contact with them when they weren't 'working ' there's a definite other worldyness that's quite easy to spot .....
Having said that - there's a lot of weirdness about East Grinstead and Forest Row in general.
I used to work up there and there is a weird vibe around that place.

I accidently ventured onto their land via the moutain bike track and was told to leave in no uncertain terms by some scary looking gentlemen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I remember when I was in my late teens they used to hang about on London Road in Brighton and they'd target young people and they'd use either a very attractive girl to approach a male or a good looking guy to approach girls. This very attractive female scientologist came up to me, asked me questions, smiled sweetly, gave me a card, smiled at me again and walked off looking back at me. They know exactly what they're doing.
Young women obtains 40% of net income shocker, it will never catch on

IMG_3201.jpeg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don’t they believe something along the lines of all our souls come from dead aliens and the souls were disturbed by a volcanic eruption and flew to earth? But they only reveal this after you’ve given them £100,000s??

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
The thing I find fascinating about the scientologists is that there are now people who were born into it, for them it is no different than people born into Christianity or any other religion.

Imagine being brainwashed from birth to believe in L Ron Hubbard, or some fella who could turn water into wine? It’s a real trip.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
The thing I find fascinating about the scientologists is that there are now people who were born into it, for them it is no different than people born into Christianity or any other religion.

Imagine being brainwashed from birth to believe in L Ron Hubbard, or some fella who could turn water into wine? It’s a real trip.
It's like supporting Palace. You're in, but really, deep down, you want to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here