I know this sounds like bollocks but

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Why don't we all calm down and have a nice cup of tea, maybe a scone as well...

creamtea_big.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Barrel of Fun said:
Probably best to let this sink without a trace. I am not sure I would want people discussing my redundancy.

I think I have come across Julie,

BoF.........thats just rude :lolol: (sorry but i have just trawled through 19 pages, i am now off to the "Get A Life Shop" !!!! :lolol: )

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Back in 1990 the board of Brighton and Hove Albion wrote to my then employers about Gulls Eye, enclosing copies etc.
Unfortunatley a complete c*** who I had clashed with at work was put in charge of the matter and I was forced out 7 weeks before Mrs H and I walked down the aisle.(Although I later recieved £3,000 for constructive dismissal)
24 hours before the said nuptials, there was a knock at the door and a writ arrived from Messrs Bloom, Campbell and Sizen.
Not the best way to start married life, but 17 years on, we're still here, so the moral is, shit happens Dave.
There is always someone far worse off, I certainly know that in my line of work, as bad as it may seem now they will bounce back.
But I think had you done this earlier a Bafta nomination might have been on the cards.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Easy 10 said:
Christ, I think we could all have lived without this thread ever being started - most of all the unfortunates who have lost their jobs who, I'd have thought, would have preferred not to have had their employment record at the club shop and its eventual termination disected on a public messageboard.

On reflection, surely it wasn't REALLY necessary to do a secretive rant-thread that would kick off ALL KINDS of speculation now, was it Dave ?

agreed.

can we get on with our lives now?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Harty said:
Back in 1990 the board of Brighton and Hove Albion wrote to my then employers about Gulls Eye, enclosing copies etc.
Unfortunatley a complete c*** who I had clashed with at work was put in charge of the matter and I was forced out 7 weeks before Mrs H and I walked down the aisle.(Although I later recieved £3,000 for constructive dismissal)
24 hours before the said nuptials, there was a knock at the door and a writ arrived from Messrs Bloom, Campbell and Sizen.
Not the best way to start married life, but 17 years on, we're still here, so the moral is, shit happens Dave.
There is always someone far worse off, I certainly know that in my line of work, as bad as it may seem now they will bounce back.
But I think had you done this earlier a Bafta nomination might have been on the cards.

What a incredible story Ian......................

She`s put up with you for 17 years.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
In hindsight Easy 10 everythings clearer isn't it - Dave's apologised for starting the thread, and things happen...

I however am off to another forum I post on, as aparently a dispute in a similiar vein, kicked off in person last night at a chance meeting in a pub in London, and they're back at it on the forum this morning, threatening to sue and close down the place (one is Russian with billions and about 12 cars, the other is a panel beater from Slough who drives an Anglia - choice!! :lol: ) ....I'll keep you posted!! :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is this NSC,s version of "War and Peace"...?

GOLD......?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
tedebear said:
In hindsight Easy 10 everythings clearer isn't it - Dave's apologised for starting the thread, and things happen...

I however am off to another forum I post on, as aparently a dispute in a similiar vein, kicked off in person last night at a chance meeting in a pub in London, and they're back at it on the forum this morning, threatening to sue and close down the place (one is Russian with billions and about 12 cars, the other is a panel beater from Slough who drives an Anglia - choice!! :lol: ) ....I'll keep you posted!! :lol:

When will people learn - never try to take a dog from a Russian. :jester:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
DJ Leon said:
Oh, so that's what this thread is all about.

I'm sorry to hear this news, I hope that they get new jobs easily and aren't too upset about it.

All this seems like a bit of a fuss though.

Absolutely.

The glowing way some people are talking about them, I'm sure they'll soon pitch up as Chief Executives of a couple of High Street retail giants.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
trueblue said:
Absolutely.

The glowing way some people are talking about them, I'm sure they'll soon pitch up as Chief Executives of a couple of High Street retail giants.

the difference is julie is a very good family friend who i have known for nigh on twenty years and i was incensed at her treatment. ( Pat i have known since the Gillingham days and also regard her as a friend)

anyway, I have apologised for amking an issue of it, can we just drop it now?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
How much are any potential redundancies down to the fact that businesses move on and more and more retail is now done over the web, so the need for staff on the shop floor drops?
None whatsoever. It's *ALL* down to the fact that these women stood up to a known bully at the club; however we don't know who that bully is yet. I'm on tenterhooks hoping we find out soon. :thumbsup:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I have nothing useful whatsoever to contribute to this thread (and neither, it seems, does anyone else), so here's a picture of a dog with a false beak wearing rubber gloves:

costumerentalwhitebearkf1.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trufflehound said:
I have nothing useful whatsoever to contribute to this thread (and neither, it seems, does anyone else), so here's a picture of a dog with a false beak wearing rubber gloves:

costumerentalwhitebearkf1.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

the voice of reason

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Simster said:
None whatsoever. It's *ALL* down to the fact that these women stood up to a known bully at the club; however we don't know who that bully is yet. I'm on tenterhooks hoping we find out soon. :thumbsup:

So Adam El-BAD picks on poor little Jakey and Coxy. Doris and Flos try to stand up for the precious flowers and end up getting sacked. It's scandal central round here isn't it!

JJ McClure said:
So Adam El-BAD picks on poor little Jakey and Coxy. Doris and Flos try to stand up for the precious flowers and end up getting sacked. It's scandal central round here isn't it!
As Yorkie said on another thread ...

Yorkie said:
anything which may be disruptive whether it be happenings with the players (or not as the case may be) or in the club itself is better in the open than secretive.

Or is it?

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports