Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know this sounds like bollocks but

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What was the point then, DTG?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Oh for gods sake, leave the poor bloke alone!!

He heard some news about a friend and was angry at the time, the news that made him angry involved the Albion so he vented his spleen here - no problem in my book and no worse than some of the more blatent attention seeking threads on here.

People's jobs being replaced by computers is a fact of modern life, but is still peoples lives that are affected so there will always be emotion attached.

Don't you just love close season?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not when I'm wasting my time trawling through dross threads for promised news...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh how holier than though a lot of NSC posters are, never done something in haste, never posted anything they regret, never done anything wrong at all, the fact it has 23 pages is hardly Dave's fault, he let the anger get the better of him and did a post which flew, what exactly has the bloke done thats so heinous, its a big fecking fuss about nothing and people should get off his back.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Uncle Spielberg said:
Oh how holier than though a lot of NSC posters are, never done something in haste, never posted anything they regret, never done anything wrong at all, the fact it has 23 pages is hardly Dave's fault, he let the anger get the better of him and did a post which flew, what exactly has the bloke done thats so heinous, its a big fecking fuss about nothing and people should get off his back.
Bloody hell Gareth, I agree with you 100%. :thud:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TrevorDove said:
no worse than some of the more blatent attention seeking threads on here.

And lets face it there are quite few from the usual suspects.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Someone posts a thread because he is pissed off at a close friend he feels is unfairly sacked and is hounded and polls about whether he should be banned, an all round great bloke by the way and someone else posts a highly offensive post about gays that is still on there with nothing said about it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Uncle Spielberg said:
Someone posts a thread because he is pissed off at a close friend he feels is unfairly sacked and is hounded and polls about whether he should be banned, an all round great bloke by the way and someone else posts a highly offensive post about gays that is still on there with nothing said about it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
But that's not what happened is it. DTG didn't post why he was pissed of or what it was about. If he had just posted that in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem. What he posted was 'I know something about the club that you don't know and I'm really pissed off, but I can't tell you what it is'. If he had just put 'My friend lost her job and I'm upset' then no one would bat an eyelid, and I suspect that is why Dave chose the first option.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Billy the Fish said:
But that's not what happened is it. DTG didn't post why he was pissed of or what it was about. If he had just posted that in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem. What he posted was 'I know something about the club that you don't know and I'm really pissed off, but I can't tell you what it is'. If he had just put 'My friend lost her job and I'm upset' then no one would bat an eyelid, and I suspect that is why Dave chose the first option.
So you're condoning the outrageous gaybashing that's going on in the other thread, even when it is known that there are some homosexuals that read this board that could well take offence.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Woodchip said:
So you're condoning the outrageous gaybashing that's going on in the other thread, even when it is known that there are some homosexuals that read this board that could well take offence.
:lolol: Bloody hell, is your name Alistair Campbell. How can you possibly come to that conclusion, I hadn't even seen the thread until I looked for it after your post.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why are people constantly making the guy justify a post that has already been explained umpteen times? We all know what happened, he didn't have to post it but he did, so why the constant hounding? People love a bit of gossip.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Uncle Spielberg said:
An all round great bloke by the way.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's unfair, he may have put on a few pounds but then again who hasn't? :glare:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Everyone tries to reinforce or escape the charicature they've invented over these many years in different environments. In each one this chemicalised blob will alter and forget, it's meaning swiftly dying, it's purpose changing hands.
The majority of the time most people don't imagine the consequences of their statements. I certainly don't. I also undoubtedly don't have the movements or relationships to know something someone else might beg me to broadcast. I imagine we'd all like to travel back and say something more delicate and well-thought, guessing which minds may crack at it's typed inception, who may find us nefarious or unruly in our practice because of it. But, hopefully, no one cares quite enough to go home and feel guilty about something said about their own emotions on a website concerned with stadia and dog-dressings and the hating of Leeds and men. Not something they keep or regret at night, the eyes wide open, the fingers twitching, Open University beginning and milkmen parading half-dressed with bottles of desire outside.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
still dont understand why u delayed it for 5 days.

if u HAD to then say the whole story today.

but dont pretend its A HUGE issue for 5 days prior to news, whcih frankly, is not exciting in the slightest!

Meade's_Ball said:
Everyone tries to reinforce or escape the charicature they've invented over these many years in different environments. In each one this chemicalised blob will alter and forget, it's meaning swiftly dying, it's purpose changing hands.
The majority of the time most people don't imagine the consequences of their statements. I certainly don't. I also undoubtedly don't have the movements or relationships to know something someone else might beg me to broadcast. I imagine we'd all like to travel back and say something more delicate and well-thought, guessing which minds may crack at it's typed inception, who may find us nefarious or unruly in our practice because of it. But, hopefully, no one cares quite enough to go home and feel guilty about something said about their own emotions on a website concerned with stadia and dog-dressings and the hating of Leeds and men. Not something they keep or regret at night, the eyes wide open, the fingers twitching, Open University beginning and milkmen parading half-dressed with bottles of desire outside.

But DtG is a long standing old fart, and it's just as funny that people went ott and got all drama-queen at him....for being ott and all drama-queen.

Lots of people have now had a jolly good laugh at Dave the Guffer's expense, it's all pretty much over, and there's not much left to see here.

All can now move along, dtg is now the popular people's front (SPLITTER!) and all the mischief that can have been raised, has been.

It was fun, and it it wasn't 'fixtures', thanks for that, Guffer. :clap:

Anyone got a new joke of the day? :blush:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Billy the Fish said:
:lolol: Bloody hell, is your name Alistair Campbell. How can you possibly come to that conclusion, I hadn't even seen the thread until I looked for it after your post.

What thread are you talking about?

Not sure I can be arsed to look, but if you point me in the right direction, I may have a snifter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here