Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Know I Will Get Slaughtered For This But !

Is there a limit for the number of people you can put on your ignore list ? Mine is growing expedentially with all this rubbish being posted about us not doing well this season and Gus not taking us any further forward. The only thing that has really disappointed me about Gus this season was his defence of Suarez. Poor results happen and anyone who reacts to yesterday in this way isn't intelligent enough for me to warrant using my time in reading their opinions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's been a success of cause,but luck has been kind to us and this has overshadowed gus's terrible tactics.Its clear that gus is not looking for wins but to experiment with the squad.I would expect a good clear-out at the end of the season.

Now you're scraping the barrel. Log off and go and enjoy the sunshine.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
The problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the Premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then I fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.

Some of these people, in fairness are used to watching Man United and Chelsea. I fear this might be the case with the OP

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The team should be picked to play to it's strengths. Gus is clearly not doing that currently. He is stubborn and has not got a forgiving bone in his body, look at Razak incident. I think he needs to grow up a bit.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
the problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then i fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.

yesss

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I find this sort of thread a bit worrying tbh. How many fans are there now who are going to view finishing outside the top 6 a FAILURE this season ?

I know we've got a load of new and returning fans who have helped pack out that stadium. But if there are large swathes of them who ultimately view THIS season as a disappointment, are they going to renew ? Because as most of us with a bit of perspective know, things aren't always going to be as good as this. If 8th in the Championship is being perceived as "not good enough", then god help us if we're bumbling round midtable or worse next season.

Perhaps the Palace scum are right about our plastics.
Easy 10, I don't think people are pissed off with a view that finishing outside the top 6 is a failure. Far from it. I know I'm not. If you said we will have a top ten finish I'd have asked for some of what you are taking.

But we have proved we can beat sides in this division and be up in the mix. The problem is, the last month or so, Gus has been doing some completely stupid things, and this all came to a head yesterday with a 6-0 hammering in the biggest most important game of the season. It took us to be 3-0 down, before Gus got of his arse and tried to do something about it. Either he was too stubborn and arrogant to try and change it at 2-0 (don't forget they'd hit the bar, as well as an incredible save from Brez) or he is incapble of changing the tactics, because they clearly were not working.

We then go on to lose 6-0.

The only plus I can take from yesterday, and I am serious, if that the record books were not re-written again this season, because for West Ham put 10 past us yesterday, the game didn't really need to be that different.

Poyet has proven he has what it takes to be a top manager. But he is now proving that although he has potential, he maybe is incapable of getting anywhere near it. Certainly wouldn't be the first, definatly won't be the last.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's actually a fairly large literature on the topic, as professors in management schools and schools of business have looked at this as an easily-studied example of leadership effects.

The results of management change are on the whole between ambiguous and negative.

Football and politics are grounds for endless debate because everything that happens in them is massively over-determined. There are way too many causes for the small number of possible effects -- win-loss, 60 points or 65 points, a few dozen seats either way......

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The real trouble is that Mr Predictor at the BBC now has us home and away against West Ham in the play offs.

Still,we all love those cheeky cockneys,AND they won us the World Cup.

Gus will be with us until he decides to leave,or Tony decides he should go.

Can't see him being "poached" by another club anytime soon.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At the moment Poyet is level with Pat Saward, Barry Lloyd, Peter Taylor and Mark McGhee but behind Alan Mullery. I hope he hangs around though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Let's face it easy 10 you used to lick dick knights bum all night long,plenty on here like you loved being a special fan back in the dark days and you felt superior to other fans.Its the same group on here who are just grateful and have no expectations.

Err, there was nothing "special" about me being a fan back in the day, and there still isn't. If "licking Dick Knights bum" was supporting the bloke who rescued the club and got it back to Brighton after 2 years in exile, then put together a credible and ultimately successful application for a permanent home, and stayed the course when many, many times it looked like it wasn't going to happen, then guilty as charged. And that certainly didn't make me superior to anyone else, but as things turned out, along with the vast majority of Albion fans, I backed the right guy.

That all took time, and now we're on the next phase. Not every club is going to do a Norwich or Southampton, we've got a manager and squad who are very much in a learning process at this level. Why is that so difficult to accept ?

I have expectations, but I try to keep them realistic. And this season, for me, we've met them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here