Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Know I Will Get Slaughtered For This But !

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I find this sort of thread a bit worrying tbh. How many fans are there now who are going to view finishing outside the top 6 a FAILURE this season ?

I know we've got a load of new and returning fans who have helped pack out that stadium. But if there are large swathes of them who ultimately view THIS season as a disappointment, are they going to renew ? Because as most of us with a bit of perspective know, things aren't always going to be as good as this. If 8th in the Championship is being perceived as "not good enough", then god help us if we're bumbling round midtable or worse next season.

Perhaps the Palace scum are right about our plastics.

Well said (again) Easy. Mind you, it hardly comes as a huge surprise to some of us - given the plethora of whinging gobshites at & after our games these days. You know the types: the clowns who seem to think that just because they now pays their money to go & watch their local side, it somehow entitles them to expect that a team that did very well in L1 last season have suddenly turned into Barcelona.

Still, at least we can look forward to a Summer of countless rumours concerning Pep Guardiola's burning ambition to take over Albion hot-seat. :thumbsup:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Think this thread is a knee jerk reaction to what was a kick in the balls yesterday - suggest getting behind the team for Tuesday and hope they come out fighting and bury Watford.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Two points. Despite what happened yesterday, make no mistake this has been a great season for the Albion and historically one of the best ever. The last time we finished in the top ten in the second tier was in 1991. That’s a long time ago.

Gus Poyet has made a fantastic start to his career and as a young & relatively inexperienced manager is bound to make mistakes. Yesterday’s selection, coming just days after out-playing leaders Reading away, made no sense. Sending Razek back to Man City ( how we could have done with him yesterday) was also inexplicable but it doesn’t mean he’s not right to take the club forward and frankly to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the Premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then I fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.

yep - i think thats about hit the nail on the head

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sending Razek back to Man City ( how we could have done with him yesterday) was also inexplicable but it doesn’t mean he’s not right to take the club forward and frankly to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Razak was not sent back for playing reasons, I would say Gus has shown strengh in managing hot heads and has signed players with great temprement, will be interesting to see where Razak ends up, lets hope he does not follow the Leon Knight route in football.

But yes best footballl I have ever seen us play in over 30 years of watching

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the Premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then I fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.

Like the 20,000+ tits at St Mary's every week?

Dec 29, 2011
O put a sock in it chubby chops,look at our midfielders and think about it carefully.You explain why we have so few attempts at goal and why we are pinned back most games,a dominant midfield is key and that's what we're missing.
Pinned back most games? Most of the games at the Amex (and even some away) I remember us dominating midfield, just not being able to convert all our possession into chances.
they are but navarrow,sparrow,dicker,painter,harley,both keepers are not
Navarro (notice, no W at the end) - Has been good this season. If you don't rate him thats your problem.
Sparrow - Has been good in spells and although he got a straight red against Leicester I don't think you could call him a failure.
Dicker - came on a free, you can hardly say that is a waste of money.
Harley - agreed, crap.
Ankergren - Bad
Brezovan - Was a free transfer and has looked good this year since his return.

Can I also remind you he captured a Spanish international who was, on his day, one of the best wingers in the world?

I think Gus has made some very shrewd signings the only obvious blip being CMS.
I find this sort of thread a bit worrying tbh. How many fans are there now who are going to view finishing outside the top 6 a FAILURE this season ?

I know we've got a load of new and returning fans who have helped pack out that stadium. But if there are large swathes of them who ultimately view THIS season as a disappointment, are they going to renew ? Because as most of us with a bit of perspective know, things aren't always going to be as good as this. If 8th in the Championship is being perceived as "not good enough", then god help us if we're bumbling round midtable or worse next season.

Perhaps the Palace scum are right about our plastics.

Agree with this. Good post lad.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So are you saying that sitting 8th in our 1st season back in this league shows a lack of expectation, or do you agree that overall this season has been a success?
It's been a success of cause,but luck has been kind to us and this has overshadowed gus's terrible tactics.Its clear that gus is not looking for wins but to experiment with the squad.I would expect a good clear-out at the end of the season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
f***. Ing. Hell.

Just for the record I think it's been a bloody fantastic season and I couldn't be happier.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Alan Curbishley. :lolol:

This thread has Gold potential for some of the amazing opinions. You couldn't make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here