Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Know I Will Get Slaughtered For This But !

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
As fellow Albion fan for 40 plus years i believe Gus Poyet is unable to take the Albion any further , he is to stubborn in his tactics ( especially away ) , not that confident in his signing ability he has spent lots of money and bought in players that are not up to championship standards , i dont see it as CMS in bad form i see it as he is nowhere near effective at this level , Gus sulks and is child like sometimes ( walking off 5 minutes before the end ) slumped back sitting in the dug out yesterday when he should have been on the touchline kicking a*** ? , doesnt play to Albions strengths when our 2 wingers are both fit ? ............. if we get in the play offs it will be amazing but cannot see it the way we play at the moment . i like Gus he is a great character for football but he will not progress with the Albion .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK so what sort of manager should we have if Gus is that bad ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the Premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then I fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As fellow Albion fan for 40 plus years i believe Gus Poyet is unable to take the Albion any further , he is to stubborn in his tactics ( especially away ) , not that confident in his signing ability he has spent lots of money and bought in players that are not up to championship standards , i dont see it as CMS in bad form i see it as he is nowhere near effective at this level , Gus sulks and is child like sometimes ( walking off 5 minutes before the end ) slumped back sitting in the dug out yesterday when he should have been on the touchline kicking a*** ? , doesnt play to Albions strengths when our 2 wingers are both fit ? ............. if we get in the play offs it will be amazing but cannot see it the way we play at the moment . i like Gus he is a great character for football but he will not progress with the Albion .
I agree he is a strange one to work out,next season will decide what he's made of.He certainly plays to our weaknesses not our strenghs.

Plenty of quality managers out there im sure:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The problem is, some people genuinely seem to belive we should be tearing up this division and pushing for the Premiership right now.

If this season has somehow failed to live up to your expectations, then I fear you might actually be a bit of a tit.
No they don't,they expect a manager to play to our strenghs and have a go,is that so hard to do?
To say he's a tit is ridiculous as he speaks a lot of sense:)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People don't understand the difference between The Championship, and League 1. The gulf in class is huge, but we're 8th in the table! That is NOT a bad performance by Gus in the slightest, and all this criticism is a disgrace. We picked up players from obscure clubs with the intention of playing League 1 football and today we're still using these players at the top end of the Championship. I mean, come on, wake up and smell reality! The job Gus has done to get us to where we are in the league is fantastic and once we've signed a better standard of player in the summer, we'll be in the top 6 with style and class next season.

Keep the faith.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I agree he is a strange one to work out,next season will decide what he's made of.He certainly plays to our weaknesses not our strenghs.

Please show us the list of managers, avalible to us, that would come on our budget, that are better than Gus, the manager who has taken us from relegatuion in League One to play off contenders in the championship in no time and on a very small budget compared to all our rivals.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Easy 10 talks sense :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No they don't,they expect a manager to play to our strenghs and have a go,is that so hard to do?
To say he's a tit is ridiculous as he speaks a lot of sense:)

You're taking a gruesome result in isolation though. The fact is, over the course of the season Gus HAS had us playing to our strengths, if he hadn't then I can assure you we would not have been flirting with the top 6 all season.

Its disappointing that it looks like we're not going to make the Playoffs, but at the start of the season my hope was that we'd finish comfortable mid-table, maybe with a chance of Playoffs in the run-in, and thats exactly what we've achieved.

Gus will have learned loads this season, he'll know where we need to strengthen, he'll know who's up to it and who isn't. Next season we just need to build on this one. There's ALWAYS going to be a few grotty scores along the way for us, we're not one of the big guns in this league. JUst take it on the chin and move on - overall, this club is on a MASSIVE upward trajectory, but it ain't all going to happen in 1 or 2 seasons.

Have patience and faith.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

i think if u substituted ''large'' for ''bit'' you would be more accurate

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

if you mean thats playing 2 wingers all the time...wrong...after that initial run we were getting mullered in midfield..2 wingers for each game never worked...get real

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Please show us the list of managers, avalible to us, that would come on our budget, that are better than Gus, the manager who has taken us from relegatuion in League One to play off contenders in the championship in no time and on a very small budget compared to all our rivals.
Boringgggggggggg
The world of football has an abundance of quality managers,you could take your pick so that's tosh,even the MKD's boss would do a great job here.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You're taking a gruesome result in isolation though. The fact is, over the course of the season Gus HAS had us playing to our strengths, if he hadn't then I can assure you we would not have been flirting with the top 6 all season.

Its disappointing that it looks like we're not going to make the Playoffs, but at the start of the season my hope was that we'd finish comfortable mid-table, maybe with a chance of Playoffs in the run-in, and thats exactly what we've achieved.

Gus will have learned loads this season, he'll know where we need to strengthen, he'll know who's up to it and who isn't. Next season we just need to build on this one. There's ALWAYS going to be a few grotty scores along the way for us, we're not one of the big guns in this league. JUst take it on the chin and move on - overall, this club is on a MASSIVE upward trajectory, but it ain't all going to happen in 1 or 2 seasons.

Have patience and faith.

100% with you [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]. A learning curve for everyone this season. I cannot believe anyone could be disappointed with the way this season has gone. Yep the play offs would have been great, but surely just the cherry on top of what has been a fantastic year for our club.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Out of all the seasons we have been in the Football League, 90% of the time we have finished lower than where we are set to finish this season. Forgive me for not being dissatisfied with the current managerial regime.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Curbishley is just sitting waiting for one last project to come along..Ticks every box, should Poyet leave, as he surely will at some stage.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Boringgggggggggg
The world of football has an abundance of quality managers,you could take your pick so that's tosh,even the MKD's boss would do a great job here.

he would do great job here?..hmm u know this for fact?...no of course you don't ...he might do a good job...who knows..neither you or i do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here