Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Arsenal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even more reason to detest them then. Honestly those very same Arse fans detest plastic Man U/ Liverpool/Citeh/Dirty Leeds....etc etc etc some of who support their (ahem) local clubs :yawn:.......so why can't we? FWIW all my Arsenal SUPPORTING mates are top blokes, just a shame they chose to follow a London club not the mighty stripes.:clap:

Could it be that a proportion in the growth of population in Sussex is through Londoners moving out of the capital, hence many Sussex Arsenal fans will be Londoners by birth?

Doesn't the large number of Arsenal fans on trains in Sussex GOING TO THE GAME preclude them from being labelled that lamentable phrase 'plastic'?

I think you might be saying a similar thing - so these questions aren't necessarily being directed at you!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Brighton fan for 30 years but was born and have always lived in Crawley, to parents from London, what a plastic glory hunting **** I am.
I am a little jealous of Arsenals fans, some of the players they have had gracing their turf are amongst my favourites to have ever played in English football, Bergkamp, Ian Wright and Thierry Henri spring to mind. A fair number of Arsenal fans in Crawley, all of whom are far better company than the Chelsea twats, the never been to Lancashire Man Utd fans and the Nigels.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Oh dear, calling your opponents 'a pub team' is so tempting fate, also setting yourself up for ridicule. A nothing to win, everything to lose scenario ....what a Wally. This guy (cripps)knows nothing of FA Cup history.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I assume your post is tongue in cheek.

Support your local team for a lot of fans is a myth...if it was so, then we would have 250 thousand people clammering to get tickets to watch us every home game.

Supporting a club is not all about local affinity...it's about family , peer pressure, watching a team and being inspired to follow them, looking for excitement, not wanting to put up with the shit times bumbling along in the 3rd and 4th division , which supporting brighton for 40 odd years, have been for me my main experience. With a few years in the second division and a few years in the first division.

And I don't come from brighton, so i am seemly a plastic as I don't go and watch my home town team much.

Come come now Granny, we all are going to have to hate Arsenal because the last thing we want is to have a massive love in at the Amex and roll over for them. (Metaphorically speaking of course) Anyway why should we not call other teams plastic, it is a term used to describe a large proportion of our fans by fans of other clubs and by our own. You are right and I do agree with you....fans of all clubs are obsessed by floating and plastic fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like someone would look down on you just because you support a silly football team. Yeah right!

You've clearly never been a teenager in a pub.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im not a fan of arsenal fans, they all seem to be pretty boys with highlights in there hair. They have this arrogance about them that I just don't like. Saying that I think there very entertaining to watch and will be a great game.

think our best chance of beating them was in the gus era , whilst also having alloa.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have never come across anyone who has " looked down on me" for supporting brighton. A lot of people wonder why I chose a club that was never going to win anything over going up to London and picking a club where you were almost guaranteed success and European football, like a Tottenham, arsenal or a Chelsea. I must have done something bad in my previous life :ffsparr:

Success, Tottenham?

does not compute

Jan 30, 2008
Well the day I got pushed in the back when I had my old boy in my hand in the bogs in the clock end left a lasting impression:rant:
regards
DR

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Brighton fan for 30 years but was born and have always lived in Crawley, to parents from London, what a plastic glory hunting **** I am.
I am a little jealous of Arsenals fans, some of the players they have had gracing their turf are amongst my favourites to have ever played in English football, Bergkamp, Ian Wright and Thierry Henri spring to mind. A fair number of Arsenal fans in Crawley, all of whom are far better company than the Chelsea twats, the never been to Lancashire Man Utd fans and the Nigels.

You can't love him that much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here we go again!

Get a train from anywhere in sussex on a Saturday/ Sunday to London and see how many arsenal fans are on those trains going to watch their team.

What is all this " plastics" shit that brighton fans seem obsessed about?

How does it affect your life if they support another club?

You are a Plastic Brighton fan yourself aren't you :wink:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Of all the teams in all the bars in all the gin joints in all of the universe,the team that I loathe more than any other is Arsenal.
I hate their fans,their players,the way they play the game,their whinging and whining and most of all their manager.
I hate them more than Palace.
I hate them more than Traffic Wardens.
I hate them more than piles.
I hate them more than Jeremy Paxman.
I hate them more than ISIS.

Pleeaasse BHA.Take these smug B'stards out.

Your angry, good man! I dont hate the Arsenal, their just wankers.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Very envious of Arsenal season ticket holders,to regularly watch the standard of football served up and the many stars who have played for them is a dream,agreed they have not secured a title for some time but the pure pleasure they provide for their fans by their entertaining style of play ensures a full house.
Those who dislike the Gunners are probably envious and after our game with them they will have good reason to dislike them,dont provoke them is my advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here