Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Arsenal.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I like Wenger and I do think that it's a good example of how a club should be run.

That said, their fans tend to come across as spoilt whiners.

You'd think that if not winning a trophy for a while is the closest you've come to any actual adversity that you'd be fairly happy...apparently not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I like Wenger and I do think that it's a good example of how a club should be run.

That said, their fans tend to come across as spoilt whiners.

You'd think that if not winning a trophy for a while is the closest you've come to any actual adversity that you'd be fairly happy...apparently not.
Agree about the way the club is run to a degree. Still one of the most expensive clubs to watch in England though.

I can sort of understand their fans frustration. For a while it was a 2 horse race for trophies Manure or Arsenal and they are definitely not a top 2 team any more. I don't really like them, but prefer them to Utd.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Agree about the way the club is run to a degree. Still one of the most expensive clubs to watch in England though.

I can sort of understand their fans frustration. For a while it was a 2 horse race for trophies Manure or Arsenal and they are definitely not a top 2 team any more. I don't really like them, but prefer them to Utd.

Yeah the pricing isn't great by any standard but, as the argument often goes, if someone's willing to pay it then how can it be too high (not my own belief I have to stress)?

I sort of get the frustration but the days of those title battles were before the rise (and rise) of Chelsea and City. I know they get mocked for now 'only' finishing 3rd or 4th every year but considering who's above them it's surely no great surprise?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Of all the teams in all the bars in all the gin joints in all of the universe,the team that I loathe more than any other is Arsenal.
I hate their fans,their players,the way they play the game,their whinging and whining and most of all their manager.
I hate them more than Palace.
I hate them more than Traffic Wardens.
I hate them more than piles.
I hate them more than Jeremy Paxman.
I hate them more than ISIS.

Pleeaasse BHA.Take these smug B'stards out.
I've got a feeling you're not too keen on the Gooners then...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fair enough.
If planting the ball on your six feet seven inch lump of a centre back to score a goal floats your boat.Fine.

are you sure you've got the right football team? or are you living in the 1980s?

and given our current top goal scorer, we are in no position to complain about center backs scoring either.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To be honest that's just one comment, the most regular is "doable", or "winnable" to describe the drawer, that's hardly patronising when you look at the relative position of the clubs, and not many of us would disagree with "have been poor all season" or "crap all season"!

Yes, I too looked at their forum, and to be fair, this was the only condescending post as of last night. As you say, most did talk about "winnable" and you would find it hard to argue with that if you looked at the Albion so far this season. But the cup does tend to bring out the best in lower league teams and we ran them very close two years ago -indeed wasn't it just an unlucky deflection that gave them the winner? I think I am right in saying that it might have been the occasion of Ulloa's first goal - that diving header in front of the North stand - so it is possible to have new players in before the very end of the transfer window, when the horse-trading starts in earnest. Who knows what additions we might have by then? TB has by all accounts promised some dosh . .

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Of all the teams in all the bars in all the gin joints in all of the universe,the team that I loathe more than any other is Arsenal.
I hate their fans,their players,the way they play the game,their whinging and whining and most of all their manager.

twit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't hate them - but they certainly seem to have their fair share of plastic fans populating Sussex .

Here we go again!

Get a train from anywhere in sussex on a Saturday/ Sunday to London and see how many arsenal fans are on those trains going to watch their team.

What is all this " plastics" shit that brighton fans seem obsessed about?

How does it affect your life if they support another club?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Agreed with you up to here, although I'd replace 'hate' with 'dislike'.

You've lost the plot here though I'm afraid.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Here we go again!

Get a train from anywhere in sussex on a Saturday/ Sunday to London and see how many arsenal fans are on those trains going to watch their team.

Even more reason to detest them then. Honestly those very same Arse fans detest plastic Man U/ Liverpool/Citeh/Dirty Leeds....etc etc etc some of who support their (ahem) local clubs :yawn:.......so why can't we? FWIW all my Arsenal SUPPORTING mates are top blokes, just a shame they chose to follow a London club not the mighty stripes.:clap:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont mind them, but it would be great to knock the existing holders out of the cup and add to that the media frenzy it would cause around Arsenal not winning a trophey this season, as we scoot off into the next round.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Even more reason to detest them then. Honestly those very same Arse fans detest plastic Man U/ Liverpool/Citeh/Dirty Leeds....etc etc etc some of who support their (ahem) local clubs :yawn:.......so why can't we? FWIW all my Arsenal SUPPORTING mates are top blokes, just a shame they chose to follow a London club not the mighty stripes.:clap:

I assume your post is tongue in cheek.

Support your local team for a lot of fans is a myth...if it was so, then we would have 250 thousand people clammering to get tickets to watch us every home game.

Supporting a club is not all about local affinity...it's about family , peer pressure, watching a team and being inspired to follow them, looking for excitement, not wanting to put up with the shit times bumbling along in the 3rd and 4th division , which supporting brighton for 40 odd years, have been for me my main experience. With a few years in the second division and a few years in the first division.

And I don't come from brighton, so i am seemly a plastic as I don't go and watch my home town team much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Here we go again!

The issue is when they look down on you for supporting your local team. Have no issue whatsoever with plastics who keep themselves to themselves, acknowledge that they are armchair fans and don't look down on you for supporting a "non-prem team".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The issue is when they look down on you for supporting your local team. Have no issue whatsoever with plastics who keep themselves to themselves, acknowledge that they are armchair fans and don't look down on you for supporting a "non-prem team".

I have never come across anyone who has " looked down on me" for supporting brighton. A lot of people wonder why I chose a club that was never going to win anything over going up to London and picking a club where you were almost guaranteed success and European football, like a Tottenham, arsenal or a Chelsea. I must have done something bad in my previous life :ffsparr:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Hate is obviously a personal thing (and I detect a bit of closet Spudism going on here) but why you would hate the Gooners more than Spuds (horrible part of London, previous with their fans), Chelsea (strange combination of thugs and company directors), West Ham (Essex geezers), Palarse (arch nemesis), Millwall (just horrible), etc. Arsenal seem alright compared to that lot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here