Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I bet our 'friends' in SE20 are laughing their asses off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe whoever we've got in mind comes with their own back room team too. The club seem very relaxed about it.

Just another 27 points needed for safety.

I'm even more convinced there's a 'done deal' in the background. This has been under discussion for weeks and timed to ease into the International break. Fascinated to see what happens over the coming days.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not sure how this has been allowed, we have had a whole pre season and a few games and now all that feels wasted new manager and new team to come in when the season is underway, should be a window for this to happen, taking a manager is one thing but the whole back room staff wtf

He had a release clause, club can't stop him so it's better to facilitate it than fight against it. Backroom staff moving is fairly common too, although not at this scale. It is worth noting that 3 of the 5 (Reid, Hamberg and Macaulay) joined alongside Potter, so hardly surprising they moved with him.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'm even more convinced there's a 'done deal' in the background. This has been under discussion for weeks and timed to ease into the International break. Fascinated to see what happens over the coming days.

I honestly suspect so. Barber has been saying nice things about Boehly for a few weeks now, may have been wheels moving in the background in case things came to pass.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If it was the other way around I'd probably be laughing - but not for long. There are still a few teams left in the EPL who are real, community clubs with a soul. Palace are one of those, as are we (obviously). Brentford another. After that I struggle - even Bournemouth is owned by some Russian billionaire. Palace and BHA should be on the same side here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why the **** would anyone care what Palace think’of all this ?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We have to be in a position to laugh? You don’t get this rivalry thing do you sheebo. If you can’t laugh at your rivals misfortune then there’s something very wrong.

You're right......
IMG_20220908_163823.jpg

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
There has been much speculation about Potter being the next best thing in the managerial world. Given all the speculation I am pretty damn sure that Mr Barber and Mr Bloom have had discussions on the potential replacements some weeks ago. Experienced chaps like them don't look back they look forward. There are some real talents out there and talent that the likes of $sea etc won't dream of looking at. But we would.

Chins up people and UTA.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We have to be in a position to laugh? You don’t get this rivalry thing do you sheebo. If you can’t laugh at your rivals misfortune then there’s something very wrong.

Indeed, it is expected.

Won't be long until their annual change in manager so think we can wait to laugh back at them

Yoda

English & European
They'll be thinking "There but the grace of God go I."

Today is further proof - if more proof were needed - that the Premier League is a competition for 6 teams with the other 14 there to make up the numbers.

If Leicester get relegated then that's no title / FA Cup / League Cup for the entire 14 other Prem sides FOR 27 YEARS.

And if Villa join them, that's nothing in the Premier League era for the rest. :eek:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm sure they are, but let's face it they're a similar club to us, and this last few days football has shown that its pretty pointless for clubs like us, so they can laugh all they like but if they end up in the same position as us then they may not be laughing

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They'll be thinking "There but the grace of God go I."

Today is further proof - if more proof were needed - that the Premier League is a competition for 6 teams with the other 14 there to make up the numbers.

If Leicester get relegated then that's no title / FA Cup / League Cup for the entire 14 other Prem sides FOR 27 YEARS.

7 now with Newcastle en route to joining them. Who'll be next to sell their soul? West ham? Villa? It'll happen. Can't wait

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
And if Villa join them, that's nothing in the Premier League era for the rest. :eek:

Well I am upset, not so much with Potter leaving BHA but the fact Chelsea a team I hate like no other have got themselves a really good manager.

And yes I fully agree with all those who are saying “ what’s the point” it just seems if any club outside the top 6 gets themselves a decent player or manager they are poached, it makes me sad.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
7 now with Newcastle en route to joining them. Who'll be next to sell their soul? West ham? Villa? It'll happen. Can't wait

Whilst it would be preferable if there were no financial doping from outside the game, it would really leave us with a big 4, which is less competetive than a big 7. I believe we and others will break the stranglehold those few clubs have on all the silverware eventually though. There are too many good managers and good players around and breaking through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here