Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am in a dilemma, advice please

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I took my mate to the Fulham game last season, he's a Spurs fan but had such a good time that he bought a seagulls hat on the way out, ordered an old school shirt and has been to 2 more games since.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Why anyone would want to sit/stand in the wrong end with the wrong people is entirely beyond my comprehension.

Can't you live without each other for 100 minutes.

Dear oh dear, this is so.........can't quite think of the words for this rotten behaviour

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
If he was sat next to me and cheered, I would tell him to F*ck off into the away end, and tell him to move seat straight away.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So he is a Villa Fan who has lived down here for a while, I assume he is like many fans who support a club but never travel to games either home or away so on that basis I don't see a problem. He is hardly going to jump up and down IF they score and likewise when we score he will probably stand up and clap. Don't see an issue myself, he might enjoy it and decide to come along to the Amex a few more times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why anyone would want to sit/stand in the wrong end with the wrong people is entirely beyond my comprehension.

Can't you live without each other for 100 minutes.

Dear oh dear, this is so.........can't quite think of the words for this rotten behaviour

I would imagine that the Villa end will sell out, as it's a new ground for them. If he isn't a sth, he probably won't get a ticket unless goldstone68 gets him one.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If he's a proper mate he'll show you some respect by not cheering IF Villa score after you've got him a ticket.

I've had situations when I've put a correct score of 3-1 and the other team score in the last minute when I've put a tenner on it. That can be a strange outcome. Clapping the goal can lead to some strange looks. Likewise, when it goes to 4-1 in injury time and hardly anyone celebrates because the game's well and truly over by then. I feel like screaming blue murder towards that player!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So basically he doesn't have a good purchase history with Villa on account of living down here and presumably not going to many (if any) of their games. The away end is very likely to sell out for this fixture and rather than miss out he wants you to do him a favour by giving up your spare.

It's a bit of a cheek if you ask me. This game is going to most likely be one of our biggest crowds of the season. Certainly I know I'm looking forward to it as one of the bigger draws. Do you really want a valuable prime spot reserved for an Albion fan to be wasted on an away fan?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he is sat beside you and celebrates anyhting Villa do, make sure you get the first punch in :catfight:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There's no thought police at the Albion and he won't be taking a ticket away from the hands of a die-hard fan. As long as he's not a dickhead, no harm done.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Really? What's it like to be perfect?

Don't answer that.

Yes really. Despicable, should be outlawed, perhaps some form of crowd segregation would cure it.

If it was the second question that you didn't require an answer to, I won't answer that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My Geordie brother-in-law bought us tickets in the Newcastle end on Saturday because we wanted to sit together. I respectably didn't cheer out loudly for us. Even stood up with them when they scored. Admittedly it was in their posh seats not their singing end.

If he can do the same, I don't see a problem. If he can't behave.. don't do it. It would be disrespectful to you as much as anything else.

I was in the same position on Saturday but didn't stop me from cheering and almost went through the roof when we hit the bar. No one said a word to me but then again there were not many cheering moments to be had on Saturday anyhow

el punal

My friend who lives over the road from me and supports another championship team, has asked me if he could come to our home game with his team. I have a spare season ticket next to mine sometimes due to my son working away a lot, now the seats are in the North stand and my questions are would you say, yes that's okay, or get on yer bike and go up the away end. How would you fill about an alien supporter in the North as there are no guarantees he will bottle his feelings.

What you suggest is fine . . . . on one condition. Your friend must learn the words to Sussex By The Sea and be able to sing it word perfectly and in tune. I would suggest that he carries out an audition of our anthem to the North Stand faithful in the concourse bar before kick off. There, that should do it. :albion2:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Oddly there seemed to be two Newcastle fans sat next to me in our end on Saturday.

Kept quiet until their first goal, when one of them did a "Yessss" and punched the air. I didn't react, but did find it odd that they were in our end.

They didn't come back for the 2nd half.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Likely to be OK, although it does depend on which club it has and, more importantly, how the game pans out.

However, if I were him, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be in the away end so I could enjoy a football day out properly. You can beer it up together pre- and post-match easily enough still.
This

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oddly there seemed to be two Newcastle fans sat next to me in our end on Saturday.

Kept quiet until their first goal, when one of them did a "Yessss" and punched the air. I didn't react, but did find it odd that they were in our end.

They didn't come back for the 2nd half.
I've just seen one walking around Lewes in his shirt, taking the effing piss or what!?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here