Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am in a dilemma, advice please

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I had a spare ST 2 seasons ago and had a rule that I would take any teams fan to the game as long as it was not against their team. It worked for me and a lot of them had a great day out. But no I would not take an away fan into our end (although I suspect it will be perfectly safe).

Although I'm not saying it should happen regularly at league grounds but anyone that's ever been to the Euros or a World Cup knows fans of all teams can end up in the same section and there is rarely trouble of any note. As for someone in the "wrong" end at the Amex, if it's only one or two, what's the problem? It's gonna be how they conduct themselves, if the worst they do is instinctively jump up when they score and shout "gedddinn!!" Then sit back down again, so what? If they try winding people up or trying to start a one man song then they deserve to have a pie thrown at them. When we played Liverpool there was a Scouser with his daughter in the Family Stand, quite happy to show his allegence with the red scarf and the denim jacket covered in LFC badges in a style only the scousers can pull off, he was quite happy to stand and applaud substitutions and the like but when they scored the two of them stayed in their seats therefore he got no grief (OK, it was the FS not the North Stand, but you see my point)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My friend who lives over the road from me and supports another championship team, has asked me if he could come to our home game with his team. I have a spare season ticket next to mine sometimes due to my son working away a lot, now the seats are in the North stand and my questions are would you say, yes that's okay, or get on yer bike and go up the away end. How would you fill about an alien supporter in the North as there are no guarantees he will bottle his feelings.
Seriously mate, how long have you been going to football/been a fan ?? It sounds like youre a bloke whose got virtualy zero experience of football and the sort of people who go and watch it, for your guide, your answer should be , ''no problem, but keep your mouth shut if you score'', there see, not that difficult was it ?

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Thanks alfredmizen for your reply, will take what you have said on board, I just thought things have just moved on a little bit from the 70's by now. cheers

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks alfredmizen for your reply, will take what you have said on board, I just thought things have just moved on a little bit from the 70's by now. cheers
They have , what was 70s about my reply ?

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Just saying really I'm not a newbie to footy and times have moved on a bit from them day's, any way I have told him to bugger off up the away end now, have a great weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here