Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia + Jones SPELLS relagation

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Love the way another 'BORING' Ernie thread is heading towards 7 pages.

Still love you man!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So we have hired a puppet and will have to make do with David Burke players.

I have to admit that this is my fear, but someone posted this link on another thread and I take a little heart from the report. It does seem that Sami will speak out if he feels the squad is not up to standard unlike Oscar. So if he feels he is not getting the support, as Gus in his last season and Oscar towards the end of last season did, then we maybe in for a short appointment if Sami is not the puppet that keeps quiet, if this is what the management thought they were getting.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1484703

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Couldn't agree more and said this last season as well.

People will wise up they are paying top dollar and not getting what they pay for, decent players and entertaining football.

From 6:40 then John (think that's his name) makes an excellent point and it's so true as we have lost 10% of season ticket holders and it'll get worse.

[yt]UBEJyR608lg[/yt]

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Love the way another 'BORING' Ernie thread is heading towards 7 pages.

Still love you man!

You say that but it's just dull. He will now be doing this all season, lurking waiting for a bad run to tell everyone he was right all along :rolleyes:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No - of course not. But I want the manager to have some say in who we target. Of course we can't spend silly money and I for one would like to see the youngsters given a chance especially Walton in goal. I just hope SH does have some influence.

So we should have appointed someone who will sign players we clearly cannot afford then? Good plan

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
No - of course not. But I want the manager to have some say in who we target. Of course we can't spend silly money and I for one would like to see the youngsters given a chance especially Walton in goal. I just hope SH does have some influence.

But the manager does have a say in who we target and always will - those targets just have to be in our price and wage structure. I am not sure that makes the manager a 'yes man', just someone working as part of a team within a strict budget.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never understand all the posts saying how boring, predictable and unfunny Ernest threads are. Everyone KNOWS what THEY are going TO get opening his thread, so if you hate them so much why bother opening them in the first place?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have never though ERNEST was particularly funny however it's a bit rich some of the abuse he has got on this thread. I especially like the irony bypass Buzzer seems to have had, having a pop at someone for being on here on a Friday night by getting involved on the same thread on a Friday night. Genius.

Anyway I hope Hyypia can deliver a better season than 2013/2014. Too many lows and scratchy games and I was miles away so couldn't even get radio coverage for a lot of it.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I have to admit that this is my fear, but someone posted this link on another thread and I take a little heart from the report. It does seem that Sami will speak out if he feels the squad is not up to standard unlike Oscar. So if he feels he is not getting the support, as Gus in his last season and Oscar towards the end of last season did, then we maybe in for a short appointment if Sami is not the puppet that keeps quiet, if this is what the management thought they were getting.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1484703

Wonder if Sami was told before singing that he'll inherit a depleted squad? Can imagine when the squad return for preseason training and Hyppia is waiting to greet everyone and says, Where is everyone else, then gets the reply, didn't the club tell you that 7 players have been released or not offered new contracts :(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have never though ERNEST was particularly funny however it's a bit rich some of the abuse he has got on this thread. I especially like the irony bypass Buzzer seems to have had, having a pop at someone for being on here on a Friday night by getting involved on the same thread on a Friday night. Genius.

I was in on a Friday because I was babysitting my kids. It's what us boring lot do whilst all the crazy guys are out there cultivating their hilarious internet personas with their one gag. Sorry matey, but there was no irony bypass here.

I tell you what is ironic - being told not to post in any of Ernest's threads if I don't like what's written and then seeing Ernest spamming every thread that is in praise of Hyypia, moaning about people creaming themselves.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Wonder if Sami was told before singing that he'll inherit a depleted squad? Can imagine when the squad return for preseason training and Hyppia is waiting to greet everyone and says, Where is everyone else, then gets the reply, didn't the club tell you that 7 players have been released or not offered new contracts :(

Of course he just walked into the job without bothering to do any checks whatsoever.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
But the manager does have a say in who we target and always will - those targets just have to be in our price and wage structure. I am not sure that makes the manager a 'yes man', just someone working as part of a team within a strict budget.

I'm sure OG was knocking on TB's door DEMANDING we signed Obika and Kemi, NOT! I'd like to know how many singings he actually DID have a say in ???

Keep deluding yourself everything is rosy :nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course he just walked into the job without bothering to do any checks whatsoever.

Justified sarcasm. I actually think Sami will appreciate being able to shape his squad (Oscar never got that opportunity).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here