Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia + Jones SPELLS relagation

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To be fair to TB and Barber - the club were looking for a guy who will accept being told who he can and who he can't sign and Hyppia clearly falls into that category.

So you know Hyppia personally?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
To be fair to TB and Barber - the club were looking for a guy who will accept being told who he can and who he can't sign and Hyppia clearly falls into that category.

We were looking for a 'Yes' man and TB has found one. Granted it's an underwhelming appointment of yet another foreign coach with next to no managerial experience (11 months in Germany) but he fitted the profile of what the board were looking for. I hope he does well but would have preferred a British manager to be given a go.

I am not too bothered about NJ. Just read a quote on SPN that said NJ " to be included in the back room staff" as first team coach.
That suggests to me, that the board have asked SH to give NJ a chance as first team coach. Whether or not he will remain if he cannot adjust to the new managers requirements will show us a lot about how the club is being run.
Let's hope it's a win/win situation ;)

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

We were looking for a 'Yes' man and TB has found one.

Sadly I think this will be the case but hopefully will be proved wrong

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

We were looking for a 'Yes' man and TB has found one. Granted it's an underwhelming appointment of yet another foreign coach with next to no managerial experience (11 months in Germany) but he fitted the profile of what the board were looking for. I hope he does well but would have preferred a British manager to be given a go.

So we should have appointed someone who will sign players we clearly cannot afford then? Good plan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So we should have appointed someone who will sign players we clearly cannot afford then? Good plan

Sadly, I think Redknapp is already engaged, plotting QPR's next spectacularly incompetent relegation from the PL.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was right 12 months ago and will be proved right in 12 months time, this time it might not go so well and as well as the fact that if we get another season of non entertainment will leave a MASSIVE hole in the number of season ticket holders.

Keep sticking your finger in the fire and sooner or later you will get it BURNT

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think we just have to accept that this is how football is in 2014. Managers are brought in to oversee a 'project', namely inheriting a trimmed down squad from the previous season, with the club identifying and acquiring any additions, and making sure FFP is complied with at all times. We get to consume STs, merchandise, beer and pies, as it is only a business like any other, isn't it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have to say I love ERNEST. NSC would be a poorer place without him.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I feel quite pleased reading this thread as I always thought it was me. I assumed that Ernest was a well loved NSC 'character' and that I was somehow failing to appreciate his irony or sarcasm. I now appreciate the fact that I'm not the only one who finds him boring and unfunny.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Whilst I agree this was 100% the case 12 months ago. I wouldn't be so sure now. I think the caliber of players we are going to see come into the club will shock a few on here. Maybe now almost all of the old guard in terms of playing staff have now gone and the decks have been cleared, I think the new manager will have a far greater say in who come in and a certain other member of staff a far lesser almost no existant say.....We will see.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Whilst I agree this was 100% the case 12 months ago. I wouldn't be so sure now. I think the caliber of players we are going to see come into the club will shock a few on here. Maybe now almost all of the old guard in terms of playing staff have now gone and the decks have been cleared, I think the new manager will have a far greater say in who come in and a certain other member of staff a far lesser almost no existant say.....We will see.

May I enquire where the money for these 'surprising' signings is going to come from? ST take-up down 10%, an unwillingness by the board to push the boat out to get good players, and constant reminders that FFP rules...

When OG pitched up, loads of people went overboard about his perceived contacts and expected loads of Barca B teamers to arrive ??? What we actually got was Obika, Kemi and some others I can't even remember. Let's not fall into that pit again...

I really wish him well and hope he and the team are successful, but a pattern is forming, and once a die is cast, it is hard to shake off...

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton

Spot on, particularly wrt the certain other member of staff having a lesser say. This appointment has a joined up feeling and of course there has to be a financial plan. The club has come so far so quickly - best evidence of a well put together plan working and this is the next step

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
May I enquire where the money for these 'surprising' signings is going to come from? ST take-up down 10%, an unwillingness by the board to push the boat out to get good players, and constant reminders that FFP rules...

When OG pitched up, loads of people went overboard about his perceived contacts and expected loads of Barca B teamers to arrive ??? What we actually got was Obika, Kemi and some others I can't even remember. Let's not fall into that pit again...

I really wish him well and hope he and the team are successful, but a pattern is forming, and once a die is cast, it is hard to shake off...

And the season tickets sales will drop off again next season if the club are unwilling to buy quality players to entertain the (new) fans then it'll be a chain reaction the following season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And the season tickets sales will drop off again next season if the club are unwilling to buy quality players to entertain the (new) fans then it'll be a chain reaction the following season.

Couldn't agree more and said this last season as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here