Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetically- how would you react to Bruno coming back?

Where are you on Bruno, if he were to come back to the Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
3. Your employer advises that the incoming replacement is likely to bring their own team and they will try to find a place for you but they can offer no guarantee there’ll be a spot for you.

This wasn't a round of redundancies. Bruno wasn't going to be sacked by default.

He got an offer and went. I can't imagine there was much toing and froing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Never burn your bridges and that works both ways
I never got the impression that he burned his bridges. More that he was offered a role as part of Potter's coaching team at Chelsea and there was no guarantee of a role at Brighton under Potter's successor. He isn't far up the coaching ladder and is probably the family breadwinner. My impression was that he left reluctantly, feeling he had no real choice but to look after his immediate future. I'm sure most of us would do the same.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wouldn't want him involved in the club in any way. I like the way the club show no animosity, it is a classy way to act. However, unless it benefits the club significantly (and I mean significantly) to have him back he should never be allowed back.

It sends the wrong message to those that take a gamble and leave in the way he left, let him regret his decision for many years. Let's face it, he's very unlikely to become a coach of the quality to significantly benefit us.

Same for all those that jumped mid season with no care for what that might have done to this club.
Surely his gamble would have been to stay in the hope that the new manager would want him, rather than accept a concrete job offer at Chelsea?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surely his gamble would have been to stay in the hope that the new manager would want him, rather than accept a concrete job offer at Chelsea?
Not a gamble at all, no hope involved in that. We're not talking about a senior vital position here that would make an incoming manager vulnerable. A role was created for him out of respect for what he'd done here - it was a charitable move short term with a view of long term potential benefits to us. No one seriously thought there's a risk of him being binned, what an own goal that would have been!

He jumped for greed, and if that's what drives him then so be it. But binning what he had here mid-season means no return unless it significantly benefits us as far as I'm concerned.

We'd have to plummet down the leagues for that to be the case.

The message has to be strong, we don't want our people to leave, if they insist then we are compensated and their story here ends. I don't want to see ashworth, winstanley, Potter, bjorn, Billy etc back working at the club. They can pay to watch this great side like many others do.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
This wasn't a round of redundancies. Bruno wasn't going to be sacked by default.

He got an offer and went. I can't imagine there was much toing and froing.

It wasn’t a round of redundancies, but given there was a new team coming in, there almost certainly wasn’t a guarantee of continued employment either. I do think this deserves some consideration.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not a gamble at all, no hope involved in that. We're not talking about a senior vital position here that would make an incoming manager vulnerable. A role was created for him out of respect for what he'd done here - it was a charitable move short term with a view of long term potential benefits to us. No one seriously thought there's a risk of him being binned, what an own goal that would have been!

He jumped for greed, and if that's what drives him then so be it. But binning what he had here mid-season means no return unless it significantly benefits us as far as I'm concerned.

We'd have to plummet down the leagues for that to be the case.

The message has to be strong, we don't want our people to leave, if they insist then we are compensated and their story here ends. I don't want to see ashworth, winstanley, Potter, bjorn, Billy etc back working at the club. They can pay to watch this great side like many others do.
First team coach is not a created role. We had/have a lot of Spanish speakers at the club, Nathan Jones (Spanish speaker) had gone, and Potter needed a Spanish speaker to help coaching.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't vote Dead to me, too harsh but no way. It would be like welcoming back your ex partner who left you for a better looking, richer Man who then dumped her

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I never got the impression that he burned his bridges. More that he was offered a role as part of Potter's coaching team at Chelsea and there was no guarantee of a role at Brighton under Potter's successor. He isn't far up the coaching ladder and is probably the family breadwinner. My impression was that he left reluctantly, feeling he had no real choice but to look after his immediate future. I'm sure most of us would do the same.
I agree I was more suggesting that as fans many on here are saying they would never want him back while my view is we should never burn our bridges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here