Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetically- how would you react to Bruno coming back?

Where are you on Bruno, if he were to come back to the Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If De Zerbi or a future manager wanted him then why not? He was offered an opportunity to progress his career. Who here would not take that?

Still a great guy to have around.
Here is the question, though. Why would De Zerbi, or any other manager in our future, who has never heard of Bruno, want him at our club?

It's as daft a concept as Southgate wanting Ray Lewington as his England assistant because Lewington served under a previous England manager. And as former Palace boys, there is at least half a chance that Southgate has heard of Lewington.

@Papa Lazarou , did you not have your weetabix this morning? ???

:wink:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It felt raw at the time and the news of Bruno adding his name to Potter's escape committee hit me the hardest.

But it was a year ago, in the end everything worked out in Brighton's favour, and frankly I haven't got the energy to hold grudges.

I wouldn't advise inviting Bruno to be a half-time guest any time soon, but if the club wanted him back and there was a role that suited him I expect I'd be OK with it.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Bloom is not especially known for making decisions based on sentimentality, plus Bruno himself probably doesn’t want to come back. He may decide its time to move to another club and ply his trade as a manager?

That being said, I am willing to welcome back anyone at the club. if the club wants them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Muzza was out of contract and a free agent whom the jug-eared **** decided would be suitably replaced by CMS. I expect he'd have stayed if offered a decent enough new deal, so a completely different scenario.
Not really.
Player / staff leave.
Play / staff return.
As I said it's only footy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only footie !!!! only footie !!!!

Go and wash you mouth out with soap and water!

As the late great Bill Shankly said, football is far more important than life or death.
And he was wrong. Very few Liverpool people will quote that after Hillsborough.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If we're giving him the benefit of the doubt and he left because there was no guaranteed position for him here with the manager change, why would there be a position for him now.

If there is a position for him then fine. But I'm equally inclined to say fvck him!... just the same as the rest of them that jumped ship to that horrible club thinking the grass was greener.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It felt raw at the time and the news of Bruno adding his name to Potter's escape committee hit me the hardest.

But it was a year ago, in the end everything worked out in Brighton's favour, and frankly I haven't got the energy to hold grudges.

I wouldn't advise inviting Bruno to be a half-time guest any time soon, but if the club wanted him back and there was a role that suited him I expect I'd be OK with it.
1695666065567.png

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why would he want to (unless income support these days is even less than I thought it was).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bit like Murray - welcome him back, but there will always be that little bit of me that doesn’t forget and tarnished my thoughts on him. But I would make an exception for him out of those that left.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I don’t fully understand the hate toward Bruno.

Put yourself in the following scenario.

1. The management team and colleagues you like and are close to are moving en masse.

2. You go to upper management looking for reassurances over your job security as you feel loyalty toward your employer.

3. Your employer advises that the incoming replacement is likely to bring their own team and they will try to find a place for you but they can offer no guarantee there’ll be a spot for you.

4. Moving with the management team would mean a highly significant pay rise.

If you’re saying your decision would be to hang around on your own and wait to be told you’re not needed, I don’t think you’re being honest.

I’d have him back if RDZ wanted him, but not otherwise.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wouldn't want him involved in the club in any way. I like the way the club show no animosity, it is a classy way to act. However, unless it benefits the club significantly (and I mean significantly) to have him back he should never be allowed back.

It sends the wrong message to those that take a gamble and leave in the way he left, let him regret his decision for many years. Let's face it, he's very unlikely to become a coach of the quality to significantly benefit us.

Same for all those that jumped mid season with no care for what that might have done to this club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here