Votes: 145 34.3%
  • fence

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Many people were saying the team was a top 6 team not that long ago, and now it seems everyone thinks they are useless. Perhaps it is the manager.

The top 6 theory was wishful thinking. So many squads in the Championship have better strikers, more creative CMers and wide-men, and bigger, more street wise defensive units.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we need a special appointed attacking coach.

If we are looking for a longer term, Rohan Ince needs the games.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is Hypia the cause of the problems or the excuse should we not be looking also at Jones and Burke and if he is to be sacked perhaps he should be followed by them.

Why? Hyypia has chosen the style

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In. If all performances were like today then I'd say out.

Thankfully, we've looked decent in most games since August - including away at 2 of the best sides.

If today's performances were to continue, I'd say gone by the end of November.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not impressed with Sammi. But the suits, puffed up with reflected & unearned glory from the stadium, feel good factor & let's face it, the Poyet factor are absolutely the root of the problem

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Most dangerous bloke to this club since Bill Archer

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we could guarantee a decent name to replace him then out. 10 games without a win in his last job and now it's being repeated.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Back him, simply because as discussed on here many times, the squad quality (including loanees) is shockingly poor compared to 18 months ago. That is absolutely not Hyppia's fault, with TB and Burke calling the shots.

We've lost Barnes, Ulloa, Hammond, Kuzschak, Upson, Orlandi, Vicente, Lopez, Bridge, Buckley, El-Abd, Bridcutt. There may be some players in that list that some disliked at the time, but compared to now, we've gone from feast-to-famine and at the same time have lost some fighters and leaders.

I don't think the likes of Lennon and Symons, praised because they're immediately getting wins, could get goals and wins out of CMS, COG, Baldock, JFC, LuaLua. The Bolton and Fulham squads still include many players of PL experience and quality.

The fault for this mess lies firmly with the Board. FFP must be complied with, but how come Bournemouth and Derby playing fast, passing and scoring football, with quality in their squads?

Probably have a better scouting team than us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm on the fence, & really want Sami to succeed, but I can't see how he's going to turn this around.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I've felt that the disconnect between director of football in charge of recruitment and first-team coach has been our major problem for some time now.

This summer was a perfect example of how not to prpare adequately for a season - buying players as late as possible, spunking a sizeable chunk of the Ulloa money on strikers who have not really cut it in this division before (Baldock not great at West Ham, CMS pretty average at Posh, O'Grady poor except for one season) - we needed to buy young players on their way up not players tainted by failure.

I can't comment too much on Hyppia as I've only seen us live at Burton but I think Burke should fall on his sword first.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Please post this result to Barber. Tony already realises it was a bet that went wrong.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
sAMI CAN ONLY DO WITH WHAT HE HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even Fergie would be struggling with our squad, if we can obtain 2/3 decent players in January we should retain our place in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports