Votes: 145 34.3%
  • fence

Votes: 105 24.8%

• Total voters

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
All good points, this is a new manager implementing a new system with a team that has about 6 or 7 new starters from the end of last season.

My main concern is they seem to all look like they've never even played together before, I have to wonder what goes on in training. ???

Fair point, but surely given time they will get it together? I just don't like this "few games lost lets sack the manager" attitude that all clubs and so called fans seem to show these days, sadly its all because of money and the way football clubs have gone! not for the better in my opinion.........as I say............Those were the days 60s / 70s

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Out for me, I don't like his tactics as they leave too many players playing out of position. Fullbacks playing as wingers, midfielders playing as defenders and wingers playing as central midfielders, no wonder we're not winning games.

Yoda

English & European
I had been in that back him/fence until the last week/todays game.

The thing that has now done it for me is that we have misfiring strikers and has already stated that he is not going to bring one in on loan. To me, that doesn't give the current inept ones we have at the club the kick up the backside they need to start improving. Sends them the wrong message.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
People seem to focus all their attention on the manager going but what about jones? Does he slip under the radar again and become the forgotten man who nobody holds accountable for failures on the pitch?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fair point, but surely given time they will get it together? I just don't like this "few games lost lets sack the manager" attitude that all clubs and so called fans seem to show these days, sadly its all because of money and the way football clubs have gone! not for the better in my opinion.........as I say............Those were the days 60s / 70s

Its not just lost a few games, its the general way he has set up the team to play. The players look lost and the opposition are taking advantage

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Well 12 league games in and i have no understanding of Hyppias tactics or formation, it all seems rather woolly and vague. I've yet to come away from a game thinking i can see what Hyppia is trying to do but the team are not quite there yet, it seems to be getting worse rather than better and today i saw signs that the players themselves dont seem to be buying into Hyppias tactics and we only looked dangerous in the last 10 minutes when we went for the shit or bust approach. 2 games left to save his job I think and then we need to get shot and try and salvage something from the season with someone that knows this division well and can instill some confidence back in the team.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Normally I would agree with you, however my main concern is his record at his previous club and his inability to turn it around with much better payers than he has his disposal now.

But wouldnt it be fair to give him some time, if he is under immediate pressure from the off, the chances are failure will be the way it goes, he needs some decent amount of time and good all round backing from fans and staff alike............we wont go down in my opinion, that said we won't be in the top 6 either, but re-building with limited finances is not easy, it will take time IMO.

The club and staff do need stability to achive success.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
...and bring in whom? With which players tomorrow? Then change again in Feb if it goes belly up?

I never said I had the answer, but I think people are well within their rights to ask the question after two wins by mid October. The players are better than they are showing though, I put the manager at blame for not getting the best from them

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
voted fence but if we fail to perform in the next two games then i would be voting out. don't think TB will though - think he will give him to xmas and will then be too late for anything other than survival this season with consequent loss of attendance and income. was always a risky appointment given his track record - some you win, some you lose. but today was pretty unacceptable as performances go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here