[News] Huw Edwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure it is appropriate for Starmer to comment, other than to cover up for Reeves. That said she is right that the case is deeply concerning, although the 'they're still there' comment was wrong. That said, how would she know that the man was already in hospital? She could only go on what was known, and that was that 'he' was still there, since the Beeb had not announced any suspensions.

So not a great deal to see here. It is going to be quite a stretch for anyone to create a narrative that this is somehow Labour's fault.

Where is Mouldy when we need him? ??? :wink:

I do disagree with Reeves/you on that.

It was very early days, all anyone had to go on was The Scum. Now backpeddling like crazy.

Law makers (parliamentarians) should keep their counsel, not jump to the tune of lying rags.

Your friend Dorries was predictably shit on this. On Monday evening she said in a very thick as shite tone “We must always remember that behind these stories there’s always a real victim”.

Well …. no. The young person at that stage had gone on record saying they were not a victim. There are sometimes liars such as Carl Beech, other times people looking to blackmail.

Dorries in her haste to destroy the BBC forgot about innocent til proven guility.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Surely it's Labour's fault? Something about Tony Blair?

If only I hadn't put potty, the football genius aka wokewanka et al., on ignore, I'd have all the salient facts.

I. Am. Bereft.
The Blairite, Labour remoaner Alastair Campbell was defending the BBC on C4 News earlier. I put GB News on to watch Jacob Rees-Mogg's State Of The Nation to watch and listen to somebody who knows what they're talking about instead.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Surely it's Labour's fault? Something about Tony Blair?

If only I hadn't put potty, the football genius aka wokewanka et al., on ignore, I'd have all the salient facts.

I. Am. Bereft.
Yeap Blair sucked up to Murdoch and seems Starmer is doing the same.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The Sun newspaper is finished.
Like The News Of The World, after the phone-hacking scandal of Milly Dowler, the Scum will just be given a new name probably.

I can think of a few - but they definitely wouldn't allow them. Tossrag.

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not something I would do, or have interest in.

But all parties in question here consented and are of illegal age? Why an earth are the sun branding this as a ‘sex scandal’?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
In this day and age, the flagship presenter of the BBC should not have mental health issues and not even indulge in social media. Text messages to colleages about what time you arrive is ok.
Someone like Terry Wogan I would think.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I, like most, don't know anything about this case except that the police say nothing illegal has happened.

All I do know is that my heart genuinely sinks when I see a copy of The Sun in someone's hand.

It is publication which exists to stimulate the sewers of humanity.
Same when I see someone with the Mail. Can't help but think you f****ing tw*t
The Sun newspaper is finished.
You'd have thought so but sadly no chance

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every mention of the ‘alleged victim’ in that scum rag labels the person in their early 20’s as a ‘child’ or ‘youngster’. It’s absolutely abhorrent, especially as the person in question has called out the story as BS.
We’ve been saying same. 18 yr old commits murder it’s a MAN. 18yr old (or more) in alleged relationship ship with celebrity and its ‘young’, ‘youth’, ‘vulnerable’, ‘abuse of power’ etc. Double standards. That’s being generous to the Sun too, which of course has no standards at all. I use it as a term of phrase in their context.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
In this day and age, the flagship presenter of the BBC should not have mental health issues and not even indulge in social media. Text messages to colleages about what time you arrive is ok.
Someone like Terry Wogan I would think.
This is like saying "in this day and age, the flagship presenter of the BBC should not have the flu".
Quite aside from anything else, people have mental health issues. It's a fact of life.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If I had been accused of the alleged allegations I would come out fighting from the get go if I knew it was pure fabrication. Hand my phone to police with password for examination hire a decent lawyer and not go into hiding. None of that happened with Edwards so who knows what the truth is.
Trouble is, when you’ve so much to lose and really you’re only going to lose even when proved innocent for a man in his position (your last sentence is demonstrable of what millions more will think) then it’s natural to hesitate like a rabbit in headlights. 5 days isn’t a lot to get head around either. And with a severe mental illness past, watching the growing mainstream and social media frenzy, I’m certain nobody would have done what you’re suggesting. Even the strongest of personalities. Stalin disappeared into a rabbit hole of self isolation for a week when Germany invaded. And his name literally meant steel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports