Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully takes The Sun to the cleaners and wipes that filthy rag off the face of the Earth

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
On a very minuscule scale I’ve made no secret of the fact my life went totally off the rails, mentally I was shot, and entered into a totally ill judged relationship with a very calculating female.

Unfortunately by the very nature that he’s high profile and paid £430,000 a year out of the public purse he’s perceived to be fair game, but there’s nothing fair about it, if he’s suffering with his mental health he should be being helped not subjected to a very high profile witch hunt.

It’s sadly a sign of the times we live in , I just hope he now gets the help he needs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very hard to know what’s true or not with the gutter press - if the basis of it is true it’s only come to light cos of Scholfield and isn’t great but also isn’t illegal.

Either way, these papers with their non important witch hunts have learned nothing from what they did to Caroline Flack at all.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully takes The Sun to the cleaners and wipes that filthy rag off the face of the Earth
I don’t think they’ll be happy and stop until he has killed himself.

The intrusion into his life has been vile and disgusting, up there with the demonisation of Liverpool etc. The very worst of the right wing press powered by an innate hatred of the BBC (because they are overwhelmingly made up of the educated classes).

I wish Huw all the best and hope he recovers soon.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hopefully this will finally put an end to that rag.
Sadly I don't think it will. All they care about is the 'exclusive' and this time they got the first part of it. Scum rag who don't care about human beings.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On a very minuscule scale I’ve made no secret of the fact my life went totally off the rails, mentally I was shot, and entered into a totally ill judged relationship with a very calculating female.

Unfortunately by the very nature that he’s high profile and paid £430,000 a year out of the public purse he’s perceived to be fair game, but there’s nothing fair about it, if he’s suffering with his mental health he should be being helped not subjected to a very high profile witch hunt.

It’s sadly a sign of the times we live in , I just hope he now gets the help he needs.
The thing is that the media are allowed to do this sort of thing, no thought of what waves they make, all for a sensational scoop.
The blokes career is basically finished, whether innocent or not.
Humans are weird.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If The Sun is the country’s moral arbiter, we’re in huge trouble. Some people may find his behaviour unsavoury but - as it’s now clear there is no evidence of anything illegal - absolutely nobody’s business but his own. A half-baked story they couldn’t follow through. What’s really immoral is destroying someone’s life to sell ‘papers with suspiciously convenient timing and to further the owner’s agenda against the BBC. Hope all concerned, except The Sun, come out the other side intact and can move on with their lives.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Wife works in the industry. Lots of skeletons and closets there but whether illegal only the law can decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here