Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HuRstpierpoint

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If you mean Kave, they saw the light last year, and moved to Burgess Hill.

Yeah that’s the place. I was offered a job there about 10 years ago which I turned down because of not wanting to relocate to the sticks, if I’d known I’d be living in Croydon I would have definitely taken it!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You really have led a sheltered life if you think they are shitholes.

For once Bushy I agree with you!! :thumbsup: I grew up in Hassocks and its a lovely little quiet village. Ok so the chav kid population does seem to have grown in the last five years or so but shithole?? Hardly!!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I occasionly go camping just outside Hassocks (Keymer to be accruate), and although it does not have as much character as say nearby Ditchling, or Hurstpierpoint its a decent enough village with great amenitys for a place its size, all places nowadays have a slight chavvy population in some form!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Jimmy Hill does or did

I'm not sure if she still does, but Greta Scacchi used to live there. Jonathan Pearce does I think and the woman who played Mrs McClusky on Grange Hill definitely does. How's that for A-list!?!

There was a murder in Willow Way a few years back, but the main part of the village and the road towards Hassocks is rather well-to-do. The New Inn is pleasant, but dull with over priced food, the Poachers is a bit rough around the edges, but in no way scary and the White Horse is the place to go for a late drink and the odd band. As mentioned somewhere above, the Indian (Nupur) is pretty good - I think it's a sister restaurant of the Nizam in HH.

I wouldn't want to live there, but given a choice of Haywards Heath, Bugger's Hole, Hassocks or Hurstpierpoint, I would probably choose Hurst.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I'm not sure if she still does, but Greta Scacchi used to live there. Jonathan Pearce does I think and the woman who played Mrs McClusky on Grange Hill definitely does. How's that for A-list!?!

There was a murder in Willow Way a few years back, but the main part of the village and the road towards Hassocks is rather well-to-do. The New Inn is pleasant, but dull with over priced food, the Poachers is a bit rough around the edges, but in no way scary and the White Horse is the place to go for a late drink and the odd band. As mentioned somewhere above, the Indian (Nupur) is pretty good - I think it's a sister restaurant of the Nizam in HH.

I wouldn't want to live there, but given a choice of Haywards Heath, Bugger's Hole, Hassocks or Hurstpierpoint, I would probably choose Hurst.

I saw Greta Scacchi there once in the park with her kid/kids.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Greta does still live in the village. We moved here 3 years ago from North London and its lovely. The people are a bit stuck up, but I've made a few mates in the Poacher, which shows all Sky games. The Primary school is fantastic.

Whoever describes Hurst or Hassocks as a dump quite frankly has been living with blinkers on. Have a go at living in Haringay, where we moved from?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Jimmy Hill lives in Langton Lane, David Gold's girlfriend lives between the church and the White Horse and Greta Scacchi is close to Danny House (a stupendous Elizabethan mansion south of the village, close to Wolstenbury Hill). Mrs McClusky lives on the road to Hassocks and the wallabies now live somewhere else.

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
Use to be four at one point.The other pub was called the Pierpoint which has been knocked down i believe.There use to be a social club in Manor rd as well.

There used to be 8 pubs in Hurst, one of them, possibly called the Sussex, in the Brewery in Cuckfield Road which is now flats. There was also the Lamb at the top of the same road, plus the Red Lion opposite the Church and two more that I can't remember exactly where, but I think one may have been called the Oak?

As to "names", Terry Neil (ex Arsenal) also lives in the village - it's a right little football hotbed!

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Jimmy Hill lives in Langton Lane, David Gold's girlfriend lives between the church and the White Horse and Greta Scacchi is close to Danny House (a stupendous Elizabethan mansion south of the village, close to Wolstenbury Hill). Mrs McClusky lives on the road to Hassocks and the wallabies now live somewhere else.

Jonathon Pearce lives opposite the park kind of area on the road between Hurst and Hassocks, i should know, i saw him putting out his bins :thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
There used to be 8 pubs in Hurst, one of them, possibly called the Sussex, in the Brewery in Cuckfield Road which is now flats. There was also the Lamb at the top of the same road, plus the Red Lion opposite the Church and two more that I can't remember exactly where, but I think one may have been called the Oak?

As to "names", Terry Neil (ex Arsenal) also lives in the village - it's a right little football hotbed!

As does Sammy Nelson's son!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here