Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HuRstpierpoint

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Hurstpierpoint is one of the Sussex towns I've never actually been to, oddly. I went to most places in Sussex when working for NPower, but never Hurstpierpoint. ???

Its actually a village, only been in it once. Some people think Cuckfield is a town, well it was but has shrunk since the rise of that town just east due to the railway!

Driving through Hpp is tiresome. There's that high-street where you have to wait for a line of oncoming traffic to dissipate, then when you go (and get most of the way down the corridor between pedestrians and parked cars in a skinny passageway) some silly f***ing COW hag with attitude decides to move forward and block you and the line of cars behind you, claiming she has right of way :shootself

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Anyone who thinks that the Friars Oak, a Harvester sort of roadhouse quite similar to the Sportsman, is nicer than the 600-year-old, beautifully-restored, walled-gardened listed New Inn obviously has only the Albion in common with me.
The village is well-positioned on a ridge running parallel to the Downs so from the south side of the High Street you get a glorious view across National Parkland to Wolstenbury Hill.
Willow Way, stuck on the edge as council estates used to be, isn't that hot except when residents are setting fire to buildings, which happens from time to time.
The whole of the High Street is a conservation area and has some lovely buildings, although the Co-op store in the middle is the shop from hell on account of many of its staff.

:wave:

wheres the bad bit of hurstpierpoint? not that i really explored it much when i was at school there......

oh and the pub was called the new inn, but yeh its actually not that nice compared to the brilliant friars oak in hassocks :clap2:

The "bad bit" is the road heading N-East from the roundabout at the end of the main shopping street. It heads to the countryside, but has yer element of chavvy mums rolling their kids along past scrappy painted-plaster housing-association-type dwellings.
The pub in the high street is 'The Poachers', and it seems a bit dull in there.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I have dated a girl from Hurstpier point, like the village, she wasn't too great

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There are actually three pubs - the White Horse at the west end of the High Street (strictly in Albourne Road), the New Inn in the middle and the Poacher toward the east or Hassocks end. The first and last are "real" in a sticky-Axminster-and-Sky sort of way; the new Inn is slightly rugby and sadly the most wonderfully rough public bar in the village is now behind it but it remains truly lovely and of course there's that garden...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Anyone who thinks that the Friars Oak, a Harvester sort of roadhouse quite similar to the Sportsman, is nicer than the 600-year-old, beautifully-restored, walled-gardened listed New Inn obviously has only the Albion in common with me.
The village is well-positioned on a ridge running parallel to the Downs so from the south side of the High Street you get a glorious view across National Parkland to Wolstenbury Hill.
Willow Way, stuck on the edge as council estates used to be, isn't that hot except when residents are setting fire to buildings, which happens from time to time.
The whole of the High Street is a conservation area and has some lovely buildings, although the Co-op store in the middle is the shop from hell on account of many of its staff.

well i got propositioned by my french assistant teacher in the new inn, and it hasnt quite been the same since :down:

i just love the friars oak with the wingback chairs next to the fireplace, in touching distance of the ITBOX :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here