Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HuRstpierpoint

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have lived in Haywards Heath for all 22 years of my life, and I can never ever remember going to Hurstpierpoint despite visiting the surrounding villages many times.

Is there anything there?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have lived in Haywards Heath for all 22 years of my life, and I can never ever remember going to Hurstpierpoint despite visiting the surrounding villages many times.

Is there anything there?

Public school, primary school, some shops and some pubs and a church, about what you would expect from a village of it's size with the exception of the Public school.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Denham Road :lolol:

is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. i should know, i live incredibly close to it. and a fair few people who drink in my local pub live down there - all nice people

its got a reputation, but if people actually had the bollocks to go and have a look down there they'd realise that while some of it is true, most of it is largely the stuff of legend

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. i should know, i live incredibly close to it. and a fair few people who drink in my local pub live down there - all nice people

its got a reputation, but if people actually had the bollocks to go and have a look down there they'd realise that while some of it is true, most of it is largely the stuff of legend

Probably, exact same with Willow Way.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Probably, exact same with Willow Way.

ive been down willow way many times before due to having family friends who lived down there, and to be honest i have NEVER seen any trouble. i wasnt even aware it had a reputation until reading this thread

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Doesn't David Gold live in HPP?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think that only one of my initial questions has still to be answered.

Where is the 'point' in Hurstpierpoint? The place, not the word!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There are actually three pubs - the White Horse at the west end of the High Street (strictly in Albourne Road), the New Inn in the middle and the Poacher toward the east or Hassocks end. The first and last are "real" in a sticky-Axminster-and-Sky sort of way; the new Inn is slightly rugby and sadly the most wonderfully rough public bar in the village is now behind it but it remains truly lovely and of course there's that garden...
Use to be four at one point.The other pub was called the Pierpoint which has been knocked down i believe.There use to be a social club in Manor rd as well.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
To be honest the only real time I was there it did seem a pretty pleasent place esp the centre. I agree about Denham Road not being as bad as people make out! Did some project there once and was not that bad, plus went to college with someone that was resident there who was decent!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Very good Mexican, think its called the 3 amigo's? up the end near the roundabout. And the new inn is ok but a bit dull.

And with regard to the other places your arguing about, I've just moved to Keymer from Bexhill and Keymer & Hassocks are like Las Vegas in comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here