Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Out

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
IF Hughton is so good in the eyes of lots on here why has he not been able to get a similar response from the players that Nathan Jones did for two games?.

Hughton got a good response off the players in his first 2 games in charge: we won them both, and against teams that were higher up the league than Reading and Fulham.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hughton got a good response off the players in his first 2 games in charge: we won them both, and against teams that were higher up the league than Reading and Fulham.

Nathan's influence continued ... Hughton soon got into his stride though. :moo:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I understand completely where your coming from. But what happens if were in the sh!t at Christmas. It will be much harder to find a manger as the good ones will be in work and the rubbish will have been sacked and looking, which is who we would get. Then we are back here saying MR X has half a season to save us with a crap team etc etc the merry go round starts again. TB generally wont buy players in Jan so were back to loans agian.
IF Hughton is so good in the eyes of lots on here why has he not been able to get a similar response from the players that Nathan Jones did for two games?. IMHO it ment something to Jones and he passed that on to the squad. Hughton like Hyypia does not look to interested on the side of the pitch, his tactics are boring and he can not raise the players, his half time talk proves that as we generally get worse after Watford springs to mind.

Sami won games, Nathan won a game and Chris won games. So this point a Nathan is redundant. He got a bounce that does tend to happen after a manager change in mid season. Chris also got us playing well when he started. The facts are that we have had 3 managers and our strikers have under performed all season. We have had an impotent strike force all season and that has cost us a mid table finish add to that slow counter attacks and that has cost us a top ten finish. I will give Chris a chance if the board give him the funds to get some quality players in

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
When CH arrived my estimation was that he should be the right guy to keep us up but time would tell if he is the right man to kick on.

He's delivered on the first matter, but only just. I like the guy but really not convinced that, even after a summer of rebuilding, can put us back in a position where we can properly challenge for a top six finish in even two seasons time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There is a lot of knicker wetting on here about not changing managers again. Watford changed theirs four times last season.

Agreed. But Oscar was there only for a few days before going into hospital, McKinlay lasted a mere couple of weeks as effectively an interim coach.
And they had it all wrapped up by early October when Jokanovic took over with most of the season still ahead of em...

Still doesn't mean its ideal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well done to Hughton on stage 1- stay up at all costs.

Onto stage 2, now. Best of luck to him

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agreed. But Oscar was there only for a few days before going into hospital, McKinlay lasted a mere couple of weeks as effectively an interim coach.
And they had it all wrapped up by early October when Jokanovic took over with most of the season still ahead of em...

McKinlay was there for 8 days, and he was appointed as the official full time first team coach. Weird.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To be fair to Hughton, he's not the only 'new' manager that saw his side completely plateau, Lennon, Clarke, Freedman and Rowett all started well but then their seasons just went to the wall. Some his selections can't be defended and to most of us seem bizarre, but we didn't get relegated and right now that's the most important thing. The next duty he's charged with is clearing out the crap and bringing in, however possible, some decent hungry players and try and turn us into a football team again. If next season starts like this one finished then the board will need to act swiftly.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
then the board will need to act swiftly.[/QUOTE]

our board doesnt act quickly , thats there main problem

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The players at the manager's disposal are far more important than the manager IMO, Let's hope we get it right this summer.

Having saved us Hughton deserves the chance, even if I'm not a big fan....yet. A striker who knows where the goal is SHOULD change everything though.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Those using Watford's managerial merry go round as evidence to change our manager again this summer should remember that Watford's squad was settled and contained some good players. To change manager again when the playing side needs such a major overhaul would be folly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The players at the manager's disposal are far more important than the manager IMO, Let's hope we get it right this summer.

Having saved us Hughton deserves the chance, even if I'm not a big fan....yet. A striker who knows where the goal is SHOULD change everything though.

This is one area where I'm optimistic with respect to Hughton. The one player he bought is now quite clearly our best player. I do think he knows the English and Scottish leagues very well, particularly the Championship (after he got sacked by Norwich, he spent his time watching the Championship). His managerial record is also encouraging. What isn't is his ultra-cautious approach to most things, and the defensive tactics he deploys.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is one area where I'm optimistic with respect to Hughton. The one player he bought is now quite clearly our best player. I do think he knows the English and Scottish leagues very well, particularly the Championship (after he got sacked by Norwich, he spent his time watching the Championship). His managerial record is also encouraging. What isn't is his ultra-cautious approach to most things, and the defensive tactics he deploys.

Could this be because he believes success is built on having a solid defence. Clean sheets mean not getting beaten, you can then progress from that to wins.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Well I wonder how many of those posting on this thread actually went to Middlesbrough yesterday, I did and thought we played okay tbh, not great but, better than a lot of games I've seen this season.
It amazes me how many people don't look at the bigger picture, CH first job was to keep us up, he's done that, with a poor squad that someone else assembled, he now should be looking forward to rebuilding, but looking at most of the posts on here, he will only be here a few weeks.
I would love to see how you would react if your bosses said, you're doing your job but I'm sacking you anyway..
Give the bloke a chance and stop suggesting that CH is boring then writing a load of boring posts on here

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Hope he stops with this ridiculous rotation policy next season. I understand maybe 1 or 2 changes maybe be required but 5 - 6 every game is just crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here