Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Out

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But Hyypia played a significant role in that patch up job you're on about. He helped pick those players which makes it all the more bemusing given his GOS interview earlier. Regardless of what we all think, the incumbent manger DOES have a say on what players come into the club. In hindsight Hyypia chose poorly. What we should be asking is was the pool he was selecting from deep/wide enough? Or did we wait far too late before we started to make moves?

As far as Sammi goes, the jury is still out for me. I imagine that he will never work in Germany again after the Levenkusen debacle (Some of my German friends thought it hilarious that someone would even employ him after that) but he was severely hampered by the lack of a full summer to organise the club with us. But you cannot deny the facts and here he was not a success. CH has ensured that we remain in the championship (something that was not guaranteed if SH stayed) and now has the benefit of a full summer to dispose of and recruit new players (something that MAY have hindered his predecessor). With this I cannot for the life of me think that we should change managers and run the risk of history repeating itself when we have a tried and tested man in place right now.

Although this is a "Hughton out" thread, I'm not advocating a change of manager, just discussing him. The thread title is a little unfortunate. Results wise there is not a lot between them but the last 7 games has been the worst run this season by far.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
True I feel like we have more direction in the style (although it could be seen as defensive) with Hughton, compared to Sami's new starting 11 every game approach. Although as mentioned earlier in the thread we are on our worst run and this style could not pay off. We just have to wait and see (and hope).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here