Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Out

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
He inherited a poor squad with no confidence and we have stayed up relatively comfortably in the end. The one player he has brought in is our best player. Although he may not be the most exciting manager, he doesn't have any effective strikers or creative players to attack with, he's essentially playing to this squads strength, which is to defend and hope to nick a goal. I desperately believe he needs to be given a summer and some financial backing and results will come, look at his record at Newcastle and Birmingham in particular.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
4 goals in 12 games. One of which was an own goal, and one a penalty.

No change in tactics at any point, except to get even more defensive. Hughton has been playing for 0-0 for three months, he has 'succeeded' five times, I'm sure he is very happy. Personally I am not sure I can watch this football for an entire season. Remember when people complained that Oscar played boring football?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He inherited a poor squad with no confidence and we have stayed up relatively comfortably in the end. The one player he has brought in is our best player. Although he may not be the most exciting manager, he doesn't have any effective strikers or creative players to attack with, he's essentially playing to this squads strength, which is to defend and hope to nick a goal. I desperately believe he needs to be given a summer and some financial backing and results will come, look at his record at Newcastle and Birmingham in particular.
Let's not kid ourselves....The squad isn't as poor as many are making out and it really is a mid table squad.The sad thing is hooton has made these players even worse and the results have been dog shite and won't even go into the dire goal scoring efforts of late.

Get rid as he's useless and worse than hyppia :rant:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Next season seems certain to be a repeat of slow and laboured build up, lack of penetration and goals, and a solid defence that makes one crucial mistake per game............
Changing now would be insanity but Hughton gone by Christmas?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Let's not kid ourselves....The squad isn't as poor as many are making out and it really is a mid table squad.The sad thing is hooton has made these players even worse and the results have been dog shite and won't even go into the dire goal scoring efforts of late.

Just so we're clear - you genuinely think that now, that's NOW, is the time to change manager AGAIN, have the next few weeks looking for someone who may or may not be better but who won't have a clue about our squad and all the time missing out on our main targets so we start YET ANOTHER season at a disadvantage to other clubs?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just so we're clear - you genuinely think that now, that's NOW, is the time to change manager AGAIN, have the next few weeks looking for someone who may or may not be better but who won't have a clue about our squad and all the time missing out on our main targets so we start YET ANOTHER season at a disadvantage to other clubs?
I agree that it may seem silly,but hooton will be as bad next season I'm sure.He just doesn't motivate the players and he's way to negative.
Bloom will keep him anyway:glare:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Next season seems certain to be a repeat of slow and laboured build up, lack of penetration and goals, and a solid defence that makes one crucial mistake per game............
Changing now would be insanity but Hughton gone by Christmas?
Would it? Hughton's record is atrocious!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Cannot understand this at the moment, playing with a squad that was already assembled, only has 1 of his own signings in the team and he looks class, lets see what happens over the summer and judge in Nov/Dec ... I think we will be sitting in a much better position than some on here think or wish to think/believe

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cannot understand this at the moment, playing with a squad that was already assembled, only has 1 of his own signings in the team and he looks class, lets see what happens over the summer and judge in Nov/Dec ... I think we will be sitting in a much better position than some on here think or wish to think/believe
Best.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Do you seriously think he's worse than Hyypia? Seriously? Were you at Derby or the Millwall home game? Points per game under Hyypia, we've have gone down. We've stayed up quite comfortably in the end. It's post like this that make you realise how clueless our fans are. No team can be mid table with the strikers we have. The rest of the squad is mid table probably but with strikers who can't score, you're very likely to go down and Hughton's ensure we haven't. He's done his job!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Do you seriously think he's worse than Hyypia? Seriously? Were you at Derby or the Millwall home game? Points per game under Hyypia, we've have gone down. We've stayed up quite comfortably in the end. It's post like this that make you realise how clueless our fans are. No team can be mid table with the strikers we have. The rest of the squad is mid table probably but with strikers who can't score, you're very likely to go down and Hughton's ensure we haven't. He's done his job!

Not sure about that really 2 wins is not that comfy

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Bloody hell. I'm on the fence here. Seems to me It's easy enough to slag and witch hunt the manager but nobody is looking to the head. One would think Bloom and Barber are blameless here and could do no bloody wrong.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Least hyppia actually looked to win games and did attack many times...Hooton is such a bore fest it's unreal and tactically he's really not that good.

Let's see next season how he does :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Stayed up comfortably? We have stayed up by the skin of our teeth with no wins in the last how many games, 2 goals in 9 one of which an og. We stayed up because the teams below us somehow contrived to be worse not because of any tactical decisions by Hughton.

People acting on here like he has saved us, well it weren't no Slade Great Escape that's for sure!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Least hyppia actually looked to win games and did attack many times...Hooton is such a bore fest it's unreal and tactically he's really not that good.

Let's see next season how he does :)

To be fair, that's not always true. We played really well against Leeds and Ipswich for example. We lost our way in the last month but we had very limited options. Losing both Baldock and March meant our limited attacking options were even more limited.

I'm not saying Hughton is perfect and guaranteeing things will change next season. However, he's kept us up and deserves the chance to build a new squad in the summer. Whether that works, none of us know but I really think changing manager now would be madness (especially given the last two per seasons we've had).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here