Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton on Dunk: "Yes it is a concern"

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Dunk has been poor since Hughton took over and I doubt he would be playing if Greer and the BFG were available. The fact he was dropped for Greg Halford for a pretty important game away at Wigan last season says it all

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He has defended him so much in the past. Now it sounds like he has had enough. Really hope greer is back next game.

Maybe Greer's break out of the team will mean he comes back and cuts out his own recent errors.

It probably is time for a break for Dunk though. Just so he can realise that his place isn't guaranteed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A dip in for that has lasted since last January? This is nothing new. Dunk has been making these mistakes for a long time

So because he has made these errors that makes him an absolutely crap player does it?, you would kick him out of the team permanantly and ignore all of his previous good form l take it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didnt actually blame Dunk but gave a large hint. i would think Tuesday will see Goldson with Greer if he is fit or Ridgewell and then God knows for left back. How did Chicksen do today did he take his chance?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He is still a quality player at this level, but I think is confidence is shot after some recent shockers/howlers/incidents that have cost points. Take him out of the firing line if Greer is fit and I am sure he will come back like the old Dunk.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Greer's only major mistake was giving away a penalty against Derby.
Other than that, nothing more/less than normal.

I get it, this is an anti-Dunk thread. I've counted his mistakes as much as everyone else - I even agree he probably needs to be taken out of the first 11 for the next game (which I stated in my post). But overlooking the mistakes of the guy you're trying to replace him with just undermines your own argument. And if you genuinely think that Greer's only recent mistake that's led directly to an opposition goal was the penalty in the Derby game, then you either know nothing about football or you've not been watching our games recently.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He didnt actually blame Dunk but gave a large hint. i would think Tuesday will see Goldson with Greer if he is fit or Ridgewell and then God knows for left back. How did Chicksen do today did he take his chance?
Chicksen was woeful, and that's being generous. Won't play for the club again

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dunk is not a bad player, we all know that. Is it a confidence thing, is it something in his personal life? He and the staff need to work out what it is, sharpish.

Thank you. A bit of common sense prevails at last. I get sick and tired the way certain people, because he has made a few costly errors, seem to think he is an absolutely terrible player.

People have such short memories, he has been superb for us before, and he will be again.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Dunk had a dip in form around the time of the court case and came though that, but this season certainly not the best so far.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where is El-Abd these days.

I don't think he is the answer though. His game seemed to backwards after his transfer.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Where is El-Abd these days.

I don't think he is the answer though. His game seemed to backwards after his transfer.

Was on a bit of a fishing trip but didn't catch many bites with El-Abd!

I've got a Bristol City STH and apparently he was pretty woeful over there to start with, then never got picked. Then out for loan with Swindon (I think).
Shame tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here