• Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For the first time I have moved from IN to ON THE FENCE after today. Will wait to see if he has learnt anything from today’s dicking, when it comes to squad selection and tactics on Tuesday.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've reflected long enough already, we've been utter gash all season, last year was a purple patch for some championship players and the manager.

I'd give Chris until the end of the season, sacking him won't make any difference unless there's a top draw survivalist in the wings to keep us up short term. luck may keep us up but he won't. No idea who comes next but one way or another it needs to be a busy summer. Tuesday is like Hereford away, but with out the spirit, fight, or blind optimism, after today's performances you could argue, without the talent.

In.

Let’s take some time to reflect.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
According to Naylor he said we came up against a ‘dynamic’ Bournemouth side. WTF?! They were average as they have been away most of the season. We were just dire and pretty much GAVE them the goals.

Every week he talks about the opposition like we’re playing Barcelona. He needs to stop shitting himself and get us on the front foot from the beginning of the match.

He’s lost it. But too nice and calm to lose it in a Gus or Mourinho type way.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ohhhh could this be the first poll that ends out

In obviously, he’s more pragmatic than his critics give him credit for and he will bounce back from this fiasco
This fiasco? This fiasco? He didn't bounce back from numerous fiascos this season and he's had plenty of opportunites so what makes this fiasco any different than those that have gone before?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In.
Obviously.

Crap result in a crap few months but look at his record at this club.

If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated, he is the best person to get us back up.
If we stay up, there needs to be a major overhaul in the summer but the manager is not the first person who should go.

IMO.

Total delusion

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Always been Hughton in but faith has gone now. If we are going to stay up I’d like to see him gone before Tuesday, as we just don’t look like scoring or creating anything. Cardiff is a must win but Hughton will still be in charge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to Naylor he said we came up against a ‘dynamic’ Bournemouth side. WTF?! They were average as they have been away most of the season. We were just dire and pretty much GAVE them the goals.

Every week he talks about the opposition like we’re playing Barcelona. He needs to stop shitting himself and get us on the front foot from the beginning of the match.

Has he lost the dressing room? Unbelievable how many 50/50s we lost. Just like the Saints game. The player’s body language was of a team that have lost all confidence and faith in each other.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Time for something radical. Hughton to be replaced by Nathan Jones, Liam Rosenior, Bruno and Inigo Calderon. What could possibly go wrong?

The real problem here is that it's the marathon in the morning and I can't even go out and get drunk to forget.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Never wanted to see Chris go but today's performance was totally unacceptable. Something has to change for next season and sadly for the first time I think it has to be the manager.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Yep, Bournemouth looked distinctly average before they scored. They only became "dynamic" after Knockaert gave them the ball for the second and then got himself sent off. Coupled of course with us being absolutely shit for the entire game.

This fiasco? This fiasco? He didn't bounce back from numerous fiascos this season and he's had plenty of opportunites so what makes this fiasco any different than those that have gone before?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The 6 points against Hudds and Palace was a bounceback of sorts. I’ve criticised Hughton all season so I know the problems but he remains a real fighter and no one should count him out

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Always been Hughton in but starting to wane.
What worries me is his quote to the BBC after the game -
"We have to show our character on Tuesday. Once the players cross that line it's only them who can do that."
It almost sounds like he’s trying to pass the blame on to the team rather than accept any responsibility?!
I think he needs to show character as well during the game as he’s the one managing them!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hughton said: "We came up against a very dynamic Bournemouth side and couldn't handle them.

"We started okay but didn't create much and then from our possession they scored four goals on the counter.

"We changed the shape but then went down to ten men (Anthony Knockaert red card) which makes it even harder. We found it very difficult to cope with them.

"It's certainly not something we have experienced before.

"Anything like that would have been against one of the top teams (Liverpool 1-5, Chelsea 0-4)."

Albion now have a crucial home game on Tuesday against Cardiff, who are five points below them in the relegation zone.

Hughton said: "We have to take it on the chin, our worst defeat and worst overall performance.

"There is no doubt they (players) know how poor a performance it was today.

"Everybody will be looking, mostly me, to see the type of reaction from the team."

Inspiring stuff.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
In.....just because changing the manager now it not the answer. Will evaluate at the end of the season. Yes and it has been a dogs ear of a season. We must remember though we are 5 points in front of Cardiff and even a draw against them would put survival in our favour.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ohhhh could this be the first poll that ends out

In obviously, he’s more pragmatic than his critics give him credit for and he will bounce back from this fiasco

It'll be too late if he loses the changing room and fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here