• Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In.

Hughton is a man who plays the percentages over the course of a 46/38 game season. It's not the only way, but in my opinion, it is the most sure-fire and effective way of getting out the Championship. That is why I have voted in, despite what I'm about to say.

The problem I have (and have always had) with him is when crunch games come around, he seems to lack the nouse and adaptability to get us through them, or even get the players fired up enough for them.

It only seems when the chips are down, at the last possible moment, with the highest amount of pressure on ourselves that we seem to get a response, rally and find our feet (after the sending off up at boro, 2nd leg at home to Shed Wed, Man Utd at home last season etc).

I've now come to the conclusion this is a player response, and hasn't come from the manager.

It's strange because when I talk to people, they speak as if CH has a great record in the games that matter, with immediate and direct implications. He really does not, from memory alone:

In 2015/16:

Burnley at home (win and we go up)
Derby at home (nothing to play for, poor form, win and we go up)
Boro away (as much as we love to blame Dean we were not playing well until after the sending off, win and we go up)

In 2016/17

Newcastle away (battle of early pace setters)
Huddersfield away (they can't catch us can they?)
Newcastle at home (1st vs 2nd, bottled)
Bristol City at home (were already safe, nothing to play for, balloons and streamers came out, players stayed in, win and title ours)
Norwich away (nothing to play for, shit at home, barely created a chance, win and title ours)
Villa away (against 10 men, win and title ours)

All this makes for a pretty bleak and impossible situation. It is clearly not the time to sack CH and he is the man I would want if we go down, but he is not the man I think will get us the result on Tuesday, nor I'm afraid to say, the man I would want in the PL next season after much deliberation.

So unless Big Sam does contracts for one game, we have to hope our players rally for it and get us over the line.

Last edited:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sad. Players have stopped playing for him.
Only one person goes when that occurs.
Don’t think it will happen until end of season.
Not Blooms style.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If he played players in their best position he might get a few decent results
Propper plays as as a 10 for Holland
Andone isn't a lone striker
Locardia isn't a winger
AK isn't a Premier League player either as one good goal against Palace doesn't gloss over his game as he is distinctly below average in the majority of his performances

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Changed to Out he is clueless with regards to attacking intent. Not sure the players know what he wants now. He has beaten any attacking prowess out of the team to defend zero. Once we concede we are phucked as the midfield just seem incapable of supporting anything

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He’s had 1 poor 1/3 of a season out of 4 seasons with us.
Wouldn’t have been his call not to sign anyone in January.
Our recruitment have their hands tied with our salary cap and budget restrictions. Our transfer policy has not invested in tried and tested players in England.
Signings have let us down, simply not adapted quickly enough.
We haven’t been brave enough.

We may get relegated, but there isn’t a better manger to get us back up. This goes deeper than Hughton. If Tony Bloom guenuinely wants us to be a Premier League side HE has to review how he’s structured and running the club. Whoever made the January transfer call in my opinion is as culpable as anyone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s had 1 poor 1/3 of a season out of 4 seasons with us.
Wouldn’t have been his call not to sign anyone in January.
Our recruitment have their hands tied with our salary cap and budget restrictions. Our transfer policy has not invested in tried and tested players in England.
Signings have let us down, simply not adapted quickly enough.
We haven’t been brave enough.

We may get relegated, but there isn’t a better manger to get us back up. This goes deeper than Hughton. If Tony Bloom guenuinely wants us to be a Premier League side HE has to review how he’s structured and running the club. Whoever made the January transfer call in my opinion is as culpable as anyone.

I’d say keep him if we go down, replace him if we don’t

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sad. Players have stopped playing for him.
Only one person goes when that occurs.
Don’t think it will happen until end of season.
Not Blooms style.

Unfortunately, I think that looks likely which is why, with great reluctance, I think it is time for a change (but the timing couldn't be worse). Players have too much power but that's modern football and hearing the same old thing for month on end from the same person when it clearly isn't working must have a demoralising effect. Don't lose to Cardiff (big ask) and pray we stay up, big changes needed in the summer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In.

Only just

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here