Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Derision from Norwich Fans

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
alex neil has completely turned the club around. 11 wins from 16 games on the back of 5 wins from from the 16 before he was appointed. and he won 12 of his 20 games with hamilton who haven't won any of the 11 games since he left. so must have something about him. if we go up, we could lose him within a season. had never heard of the bloke before we appointed him.

Alex Neil has I agree done a brilliant job since taking over and no one can take that away from him but did you watch him on the touchline yesterday, constantly spitting all over the technical are, it was absolutely disgusting

Yoda

English & European
yeah but he wasn't exactly failing for them after taking over when they had 1 point from 7 games. had an almost identical points per game record as hughton with 5 games remaining, but 3 of those were at home to cardiff, wba and swansea. a far easier run in than what we had left. had we been where we were and had sunderland's run in, hughton wouldn't have been sacked.

But they still WON at both Man Utd AND Chelsea and snatched a late point at Man City. Still a pretty horrific run in you would agree, and prior to winning at Chelsea, they had not won a league game since 15 Feb over 2 months previously. Picking up 2 points (Home to Palace & away to City).

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wasn't it true that a CH Norwich side was one of the few teams to beat that ''in form'' Sunderland side in the run in as well

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Wasn't it true that a CH Norwich side was one of the few teams to beat that ''in form'' Sunderland side in the run in as well

nah they were dire that day and in the middle of a run taking 1 point from 8 games. when they then drew at man city and won 4 on the spin

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's not how I recall it. Norwich were excellent that day. Hoolihan was absolutely brilliant and Tettey scored an absolute screamer of a goal. Norwich played very well that day

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
That's not how I recall it. Norwich were excellent that day. Hoolihan was absolutely brilliant and Tettey scored an absolute screamer of a goal. Norwich played very well that day

yeah he did score a screamer but sunderland looked useless too. we followed it up with a 3-0 defeat at swansea where we were pathetic, and a 1-0 home defeat to wba and hughton was gone. losing 7 of our 10 games against fellow bottom 6 teams was pretty criminal that season as they're your most important games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

And obviously you'd have a better recollection than the Norwich fan.

A lot of the postings in this thread have been cringeworthy and a bit embarrassing. The suggestion that Norwich should have been happy to stay up as their only ambition, to suggest we were the better team yesterday overall and to suggest Hughton did a good job at Norwich are all ridiculous and show a complete lack of wider football understanding. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and mine is that the three I've referenced are stupid, and embarrassing.

Norwich is a big club, and so are Brighton. They're better than we are at the moment and have been far more successful in their history than we've been in ours.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Alex Neil has I agree done a brilliant job since taking over and no one can take that away from him but did you watch him on the touchline yesterday, constantly spitting all over the technical are, it was absolutely disgusting

And moaning constantly to the 4th official like a big cry baby

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013

A lot of the postings in this thread have been cringeworthy and a bit embarrassing. The suggestion that Norwich should have been happy to stay up as their only ambition, to suggest we were the better team yesterday overall and to suggest Hughton did a good job at Norwich are all ridiculous and show a complete lack of wider football understanding. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and mine is that the three I've referenced are stupid, and embarrassing.

Norwich is a big club, and so are Brighton. They're better than we are at the moment and have been far more successful in their history than we've been in ours.

On another thread Mike the Norwich fan said he felt we were unlucky yesterday and had we been able to convert a chance before they scored he felt we could have gone on to win. So your rather pompous comments that give the impression that everyone should bow to your great knowledge of the game of football may not be as correct as you think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On another thread Mike the Norwich fan said he felt we were unlucky yesterday and had we been able to convert a chance before they scored he felt we could have gone on to win. So your rather pompous comments that give the impression that everyone should bow to your great knowledge of the game of football may not be as correct as you think.

We had a 20 minute spell at the end of the first half when we should have scored. We didn't, Norwich had the opening 20 minutes, and then the whole of the second half. If you want to talk about other threads, how about the one asking how long it would have taken us to score? We'd still be playing now, John Ruddy would be asleep and Leon Best would still be arguing with any stupid enough to be close to him. And we still wouldn't have scored.

Norwich did, they won the game and deserved to on the balance of a 90 minute match, our 20 minute spell included.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Ooh we don't like people having a different view on things do we. Don't worry I am suitably chastised and bowing to this superior knowledge you have of the game of football - Sir.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

If you read my posts you will see that I have clearly stated that Norwich were the better team yesterday and deserved the 3 points also stated that they have far better team and squad at the moment. The Norwich Sunderland match, I was there working at the match so I am just as likely to recall how it went down as they were.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know a few Norwich fans and they all say the same negative things about Hughton. We have already seen his fear away from home and the negative set ups. I must confess to having reservations on the entertainment front but he is a massive improvement on Hyypia but is he good enough to build a squad, which is his next task. Sitting on the fence here and not feeling that positive tbh.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I know a few Norwich fans and they all say the same negative things about Hughton. We have already seen his fear away from home and the negative set ups. I must confess to having reservations on the entertainment front but he is a massive improvement on Hyypia but is he good enough to build a squad, which is his next task. Sitting on the fence here and not feeling that positive tbh.
I bet you know a lot of Norwich fans! CH managed to get other teams promoted out of this division. You are entitled to your opinion and I fully respect it ……………………………….. miserable ….

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bet you know a lot of Norwich fans! CH managed to get other teams promoted out of this division. You are entitled to your opinion and I fully respect it ……………………………….. miserable ….

Ok you convinced me, rah rah we're gonna walk the league next year...because we are gonna have the same quality of players as that Newcastle team who walked the division. Not sure who's going to fund it but yeah I believe now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I don't know any Norwich fans but I'm not getting carried away with our play off prospects for next season just yet.

Following SH into a job with a pretty decent squad really should have seen any half decent Manager keep us up. The real test will come next year

Seems to me with Brum, Newcastle and Norwich his record is WDL

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would say it was WWL - Birmingham fans would have him back in a heartbeat and their board approached him twice to come back since he left

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know any Norwich fans but I'm not getting carried away with our play off prospects for next season just yet.

Following SH into a job with a pretty decent squad really should have seen any half decent Manager keep us up. The real test will come next year

Seems to me with Brum, Newcastle and Norwich his record is WDL

Seems the sensible approach...this Summers dealings will go a long way to dictating our prospects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here