Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Huddersfield Town -V- Brighton and Hove Albion*** Official Match Thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't believe Dobbie has been dropped, bet he can't either and surely Calderon is a better option than Painter. I assume Crofts is injured???...Makes you wonder who spoke out in the dressing room after last Saturday, clearly not Barnes.

The Calderon one puzzles me ..sure painter is a left back but his last game was ages ago lasting one half (injured) but got roasted ..hmmm

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Don't think it's that negative at all.
Buckley in instead of Lopez which gives us more pace.
Barnes in for Dobbie which I think is needed with Bridge missing as we need someone to cover the left back - Barnes is far better at this than Dobbie. Also Barnes was top scorer last season so not sure why people think it is a defensive team if he plays.
Glass half full. I like it.

At least Painter is a left back.....round pegs, round holes comes to mind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did Dobbie pay well last week? Serious question - I don't remember the reviews raving about him.

On nsc match ratings Dobbie averaged 6.00 to Barnes' 6.13. And since it's nsc, you can probably add anywhere from 0.50 to 3.00 on to the barnes rating.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Barnes is a good finisher and an intelligent player but he's not going to beat a man or smash in a 30 yarder whereas Dobbie is capable of producing something special. That's why I'm a bit disappointed he's been put back in on the left.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't believe Dobbie has been dropped, bet he can't either and surely Calderon is a better option than Painter. I assume Crofts is injured???...Makes you wonder who spoke out in the dressing room after last Saturday, clearly not Barnes.

Agree about Calde, would also have tried Dunk and El Abd rather than Painter, but lets hope he is ready to play. Crofts hasn't set the world on fire.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Christ, watching the comments on the Club FB update makes my eyes bleed. Some serious numpties on there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Poyet said after the game last week, that harsh words had been said n the dressing room and if anyone speaks out, then basicly they are in big trouble...Crofts not even on the bench today!!!

I took his words to mean he had angry words for the players, and that if any of them talk publicly about what he said they would be in trouble.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Shows how valuable El-Abd and Bridge are to the team, cover for them isn't brilliant. Dunk is prone to errors, but he's young and can improve. Painter isn't up to this level as he's top League 1 at most - maybe a team like Huddersfield is good for him, not thrown in at the deep end at his return.

Lack of a win today would make Bolton a must win too, which would be difficult.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I took his words to mean he had angry words for the players, and that if any of them talk publicly about what he said they would be in trouble.

Yes totally agree, but I bet if anyone spoke up against him or said something he didn't like then they would be in trouble as well. Crofts does have a history at previous clubs for not being backward in coming forward with his opinions and now he is dropped. Just an observation.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Anyone got any idea what to expect today? I have no idea. Hope we will win, but just don't know what to expect.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes totally agree, but I bet if anyone spoke up against him or said something he didn't like then they would be in trouble as well. Crofts does have a history at previous clubs for not being backward in coming forward with his opinions and now he is dropped. Just an observation.
You do like to form a conclusion first and then drag an argument towards it, don't you?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Anyone got any idea what to expect today? I have no idea. Hope we will win, but just don't know what to expect.

always expect the unexpected

so a good win for the Albion then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here