Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, it should be "vs"
Asterisks in wrong place
***Official Match Thread***
Ampersand
This thread title could get us relegated.

There's no point even playing today.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just as I said above about Barnes being recalled in place of Dobbie. FFS.

And if they've got anyone with pace on the right, we're stuffed.

Sadly Gus is more bothered about the fact we let in 3 rather than the positive fact we scored 3!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No, it should be "vs"
Asterisks in wrong place
***Official Match Thread***
Ampersand

Ampersand is on the official Albion logo

v is the BBC way. They get things wrong and the correct Latin abbr. is vs as used by Sky. Small case whatever.

v looks neater to the eye (to me) 3 star match *** match (with a gap).

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
only rhe third game I've missed rhis season so hoping this thread will bring me some luck although I'll be happy with a point.

Based on last week we can certainly win - we were so much the better side even before they had the man sent off but profligate in front of goal again.

Going for 2-1 to the Albion.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sadly Gus is more bothered about the fact we let in 3 rather than the positive fact we scored 3!

I suppose the same happened last year when we drew 3-3 with Leeds and we didn't play with two wingers again all season. I'd much prefer to draw 3-3 than 0-0 and with our defensive injures, I'd rather Gus picked a positive side instead of inviting pressure from the opposition.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This thread title could get us relegated.

There's no point even playing today.

Ampersand is on the official Albion logo

v is the BBC way. They get things wrong and the correct Latin abbr. is vs as used by Sky. Small case whatever.

v looks neater to the eye (to me) 3 star match *** match (with a gap).

I have never believed that it matters how you or anyone writes out the title
some years ago I started 6 match threads all different titles and we never lost
fate is that it does matter how the lads play and even that sometimes mugs us all by playing crap and winning

so settle back and listen to us win well and go back into the play-off positions

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't believe Dobbie has been dropped, bet he can't either and surely Calderon is a better option than Painter. I assume Crofts is injured???...Makes you wonder who spoke out in the dressing room after last Saturday, clearly not Barnes.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I suppose the same happened last year when we drew 3-3 with Leeds and we didn't play with two wingers again all season. I'd much prefer to draw 3-3 than 0-0 and with our defensive injures, I'd rather Gus picked a positive side instead of inviting pressure from the opposition.
Don't think it's that negative at all.
Buckley in instead of Lopez which gives us more pace.
Barnes in for Dobbie which I think is needed with Bridge missing as we need someone to cover the left back - Barnes is far better at this than Dobbie. Also Barnes was top scorer last season so not sure why people think it is a defensive team if he plays.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have never believed that it matters how you or anyone writes out the title
some years ago I started 6 match threads all different titles and we never lost
fate is that it does matter how the lads play and even that sometimes mugs us all by playing crap and winning

so settle back and listen to us win well and go back into the play-off positions
How can you possibly use facts to attempt to justify what is clearly a wrong'un.

dantheman

Jul 16, 2011
Official site has El-Abd instead of Dunk?! Dunk not even in squad?

Albion: (4-3-3) Kuszczak; Bruno, Greer, El-Abd, Painter; Bridcutt, Orlandi, Hammond; Buckley, Mackail-Smith, Barnes. Subs: Brezovan (GK), Calderon, David, Dicker, LuaLua, Hoskins, Dobbie.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Can't believe Dobbie has been dropped, bet he can't either and surely Calderon is a better option than Painter. I assume Crofts is injured???...Makes you wonder who spoke out in the dressing room after last Saturday, clearly not Barnes.

Did Dobbie pay well last week? Serious question - I don't remember the reviews raving about him.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Have we not got any decent left backs in the development squad? Painter did a great job in league one but he hasn't got the pace for this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here